Boycott These Bands ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boycott These Bands ...

Does anyone remember who was in office during the timeline of the graph.

The info is from the U.S. Department of Labor.

Old 08-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

amazing. once again, you fail to see the cause.

i dont dispute the graph. yes, there are job losses. i never denied that. but why? can you tell me really why? you still fail to tell me WHY the unemployment was down duirng those years. was it merely b/c clinton sat in the chair? tell the exact policies HE originated and enacted to get it that way. the majority of the gains were in the tech sectors during his presidency. I dont remember ford, gm, or anyone like that hiring millions of workers. if you say oh it was small business, well thats another argument, but during these years i know several business owners that lost their butt during clintons presidency due to riduculous taxes.

anyway, dont you see the pattern to the chart? its on its way back down. recession, job loss, changing markets are all a normal cycle of the economy. there will be another wave. if clinton or gore was in office it would be the same, if not worse (they would increase your taxes to make up for it, but it would only make things worse).

the biggest spike in umemployment happened, according to your graph provided by the gov, was when? right after 9/11. was it because bush sat in the chair? what would clinton had done different to make it all better? I can tell you he would not have done anything policy or militarily(WTC 1993 - osoma bin laden's first attempt to blow up the towers, he did nothing. a couple years later the US had him in custody- clinton ordered them to let him go).

for illustration's sake, just imagine you take over a business. sales are slowing in that business. a couple months later someone blows up a critical part of the business. this not only affects your production. marketing, etc but it affects investor relations. they dont want to invest as much in you anymore b/c you appear a less safe investment. you think that wont effect your $$$? would that be YOUR fault? i mean you just took it over you didnt have a chance to change anything and a significant part of the business is halted. could i say YOU were a bad manager and that it was your fault? i dont think so. the only thing you could do move on and do your best to prevent it from happining again. If you failed to do that or even attempt it, then i would say you were a bad manager.

Old 08-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, sounds like the republicans just have bad karma.