Boycott These Bands ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boycott These Bands ...

Originally posted by: NSA1499
First of all:

Anyone who uses what a celebrity or rock group says to influence their vote is a friggin moron and should have right to vote stripped from their American ****!
Couldn't agree more!!

Old 08-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Trailblazer

Heywood, seems as if you have stirred up a hornet's nest here. At the risk of getting stung, I too, am a Bush supporter. Conservative, and strong on defense.
Kerry's entire speech, and the entire convention seemed to be a celebration of his military service. His four month stint in Viet Nam 35 years ago has no bearing on how good a President he would be. But he's using that ploy to try and get the vote. It won't work with this veteran. Lincoln and FDR had no prior military experience, but they led us through two very difficult times in our nation's history. George Bush is leading us through a very difficult time now, and I feel he is doing an admirable job.
Kerry, and the other Libs in Washington have no comprehensive energy policy. By the 2002 Energy Department figures, we imported 9.1 million barrels of crude per day into the United States, from which about 45% comes from OPEC members. John Kerry and the Sierra Club are opposed to tapping into the billions of barrels of proven oil reserves on the north slope of Alaska. Tapping into this would greatly lessen our dependence on foreign oil. Sure, it's nice to talk about green cars, alternative fuels, and wind and solar power, but these things aren't going to heat our homes and drive our factories in the short term. It would take a decade to bring this oil online. That's one reason I'm afraid of Kerry....he and the other Libs will keep us behind the 8 ball on our energy dependence to the OPEC nations. We have these oil reserves, why not tap into them?

And, ask your self this...Do we really want a loose cannon like Teresa Heinz Kerry representing the United States as the First Lady?
Like it or not, you get a package deal.
Laura Bush is my gal...

Old 08-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NSA1499
First of all:

Anyone who uses what a celebrity or rock group says to influence their vote is a friggin moron and should have right to vote stripped from their American ****!
I'll add my Hell Yea to that.

Old 08-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Xmarine thank you for your service to our country. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you...I am proud to have served my country. I come from the old Corps '70, '71, '72.

Remember...the bad politicians are elected by the people that don't vote. Get informed, and I think you'll cast your vote for Bush.

Old 08-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Trailblazer

Hey I was just wondering if i could vote for myself I spent 6 months in Afghanistan and im 7 months into a year tour in Iraq. I mean Kerry thinks all he needs is time in a combat zone to win. But I never got hit i guess I'm better at ducking and moving than he was.

I guess its a good thing that all those bands suck and i wouldnt listen to them if I had too.

Old 08-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

Faqumoom...I'm glad you're better at ducking and moving than Kerry...He's better known for his flip-flopping.

And as for the bands...I have a 1960 Rock-ola jukebox here at home, full of 60's stuff...I wouldn't listen to those artist that support Kerry anyway.

And, you can bet your azz I'll never pay to see a Whoopie Goldberg movie.

Old 08-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Trailblazer

keep hearing about this woppie thing and I still dont know what she said i cant find it anywhere

Old 08-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer

XMarine:

I agree 100%, IMO Kerry and company have gone too far with the Vietnam hero thing. You're right it has no effect on his ability to run the country.

I think they are pushing so hard with that because the GOP and it's supporters have gone so far out of the way to make Bush appear like a strong leader and Kerry a weak liberal. It's political posturing 101, it's typical and it might be working on some people, but it's enough already.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Range Rover

Ok, maybe don't matter who win anyway. Just watch
Our land

rnuts

Quick Reply: Boycott These Bands ...