MY Girl Doesnt Want To Camp! What To Do???

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY Girl Doesnt Want To Camp! What To Do???

I was talking with my g/f the other day about a bunch of us going camping this weekend. I asked her if she was going to go and she asked if we were taking a camper and i was like umm noo, just tents. She told me that she cant sleep in a tent ( or something like that ) so no i dont know what to do about future trips because we always sleep in tents. It doesnt have anything to do with being outdoors either cause she rides with us alot and really enjoys it ( or so she says anyway ). I just dont know what to do and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if one of the LADIES on here could give me some advice...

Old 08-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

bummer!!!

I hope your not too attached.

I would have to trade her in on a tougher/rougher version.

If you want to keep her,,,,,,you are going to have to teach her how to camp.

Maybe if you take her 'shopping' for camping stuff,,,,,it might help.

Old 08-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

you could try camping and riding and remind he rof the riding soo she doesnt think about camping soo much i asummse your sleepin on the floor in sleeping bags. Mabye if you got a cot or same fold out matress is would be more comfertabel to sleep on i really dont kno but i would try that.

Old 08-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

My wife actually had me put a window unit AC in our tent once. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I just broke down and bought a used RV. Can anyone say Road Trip?

Old 08-17-2004, 01:50 PM
This chick Rocks!
A Bad Word For A Good Thing.

Sorry man, that sucks. fortunately for my man i love camping and anything outdoors. maybe she'll go for an air mattress. you can get one for like twenty bucks from colman and they have air pumps that you plug into your cigarette lighter. it pumps up pretty fast. don't buy one that uses batteries unless you feel like waiting a looooooooooong time and it won't fill up all the way(trust me i had to take back two different ones before we bought that one). If she keeps coming up with excuses she probably doesn't like the outdoors and if camping is something you want to be part of your life you might think about having a little talk with the girl. my bf buddy is having the SAME problem right now except hes already married and i'll tell you it sucks. he can never go camping with us cuz she doesn't want to go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 02:05 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: Girlygirl
he can never go camping with us cuz she doesn't want to go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
we have a buddy like that

We finally got her camping,,,and after the initial break-in (at a nice campground with facilities) she really likes it. Last trip, we took her brother and his g/f (both of which have never camped)(27 years old and never camped!!! wtf!!),,,,and they had a blast too. They just bought new tent, bags, headlamps, etc.

Old 08-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

You need to find out what bothers her about the tent thing.....you can't fix the problem if you don't know what it is. There are all kinds of comfort items you can buy even for tents, so....maybe you guys can work it out to where she will be happy. Otherwise, it sucks if your gf won't go camping with you.......I don't mind tenting it, sleeping in the truck bed, sleeping on the ground, or RV'ing....it's all good!

Old 08-17-2004, 02:14 PM
This chick Rocks!
A Bad Word For A Good Thing.

He's also trying to get her to buy a quad but she will not ride one. i told her she could ride mine to see if she liked it but she won't. Some ppl are just like that they never want to try new things. oh well she's not my wife. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

All she tells me is that she cant sleep in a tent. I have no idea why though, I have an Air Matress, Battery Powered fans, heck, you can even stand up and walk around in my tent, It wont even set up in my living room its so big. I really dont know what to do about it. I really would like her to go camping because i know that she would enjoy it but i have to figure out how to get her up there first. I even told her that I would take her down to the showers/bathrooms anytime, I mean anything she needs, Still the outcome isnt looking good.
Any other clues or tips will be appreciated

Old 08-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Been there, done that....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'm empathize with you. Some people just don't like to camp. I have a twin bro that hates to camp (Hilton or nothing), but not me...last year, I spent about 45 days camping (25 days in a tent).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] However, my better half isn't into it either.

What did I do? I bought a 29ft. 5th wheel. Now she can tolerate it, but I love to head down the river and set up my two-man on the beach....or, strap the tent on the 4-wheeler and head out with the kiddies. They love it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I would do as girlygirl and 440grl suggests; get the tent as comfy as possible.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: MY Girl Doesnt Want To Camp! What To Do???