What has happened to Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 09:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What has happened to Ebay?

This is a warning to fellow ebayers looking for a deal too good to be true.I purchased some "genuine yamaha"bolts from Djjc3 a.k.a Dan Cronan of wilkes Barre Pa only to find half of them were not even metric!

He wouldn't respond to emails so I left a neutral comment and even praised his fast shipping and promptness on returning original email.He then left me negative feedback slandering me even though the whole transacton was smooth and I recieved item 4 days
after close of auction.

He deals in a vast array of atv parts,I like everyone else loves ebay its enabled me to keep my machines running without going to the STEALERSHIP and getting raked over the coals,but ebay has turned into a sesspool of theieves and liars

Its ashame that something so good has become something so bad.It has just become so difficult in dealing with some people,that I'd rather just go to the stealership to avoid having to deal with people like this,has anyone else noticed the way ebay has become?

Old 09-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Range Rover

yes i have,
thay have full mx 450rs and yfz for 1,500$ or 2,000$ and they are in france....or a drag quad with 20,000$ into it for 1,500 dollars its rediculous(spelling)

Old 09-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True,

I got soured on E-bay when I was shopping for my Warrior. There was a bone stock 99' Warrior in great shape going for $1500 with "NO RESERVE". I watched the bidding and waited until the last hour. With just 10 minutes to go the bidding was up to $2150, so I put in my bid of $2299 and waited.

With like one minute to go the bidding was cancelled, the seller pulled the item. I was pissed. I e-mailed the seller and he said he wasn't letting it go for less than $2500.

I e-mailed E-bay and they said the seller reserves the right to pull the item at any time. So I asked what the hell the point of the NO RESERVE thing is and they had no real answer.

I e-mailed the seller back and said if you didn't want to see it for less than $2500 why didn't you put a reserve on there for what you wanted. He had no answer.

So basically I learned that E-bay is pretty much a joke for the most part. There really are no set rules to help the buyer at all so it's totally buyer beware.

Old 09-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Why do people bid on stuff when it's no where near the end of the bid? Like 4 days before the end. All this does is run the price up!

Maybe it's the seller using another name to get the price up?

Old 09-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Range Rover

Has anyone else noticed that hardly anyone has a "good" feedback rating anymore.What happend to customer service.Its getting to the point that you don't know who to buy from anymore or who to trust.Doesn't anyone care about there reputation anymore.

Some of these guys like The guy I mentioned have over 10 negatives in less than a year and they hardly sell.They should be suspended from trading in my opinion.

I agree with Chris,this "shill" bidding is getting ridiculous too,the need to get ebay back to the way it used to be.A great place to do business that people can trust.

Old 09-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

The best deals I've gotten on e-bay are from large dealers liquidating overstock. They, as a whole, seem to be more trustworthy. I don't think I'd EVER buy a quad-sight unseen- from an individual. Especially a used one. As for parts and other stuff-I haven't been burned..................YET!

Old 09-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

Diogenese is still holding his lantern high in search of the honest.
Look, if you are buying a high $ item and you don't want to lose your ****, just employ the Escrow service. If the seller is willing to use escrow it indicates right away that he is on the level. And it shows him that you are a serious buyer. If not, maybe he is on the level or big chance he is not. Whats 13 bucks or so in a deal of thousands when it means that at worst you will be stuck with shipping costs? The tools are all there to use.
For small purchases yes, ya takes ya chances. I wouldn't be doing backflips over some bolts that turn out to be wrong, and start a negative feedback pizn match that nobody wins at. There are the unscrupulous out there. Always were. Don't fret it, just be smart and don't be burned.

Old 09-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

I know what you guys are saying... Just in the past week some jerk from France down loaded pics of my Banshee and KFX700 off my photo page and was using the pics in a scam! The item numbers were #2488742283 and #2488742239..... I reported it to e-bay when I found out... Another member of this forum pm me and told me my pics were being used on e-bay in a scam...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

Originally posted by: Chris142
Why do people bid on stuff when it's no where near the end of the bid? Like 4 days before the end. All this does is run the price up!

Maybe it's the seller using another name to get the price up?
I will put a low bid on somethings just to get my foot in the door then keep an eye on it.I had the "bid snippers" I lost a sweet 400 Sport to a guy that out bid me with less the 5 sec to go.Now dont get me wrong I have gotten burned a few times this last time cost me $60 to relist my 400 Sportsman.The jerk hit the buy it now button and had bad feedback and needles to say it has been a JOKE but now it is relisted maybe someone who really wants it will get it.All these jerks do is ruin it for the good Ebayers.

Old 09-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

I had a buyer post negative feedback on me because he claimed he didn't get the part. He didn't purchase insurance for a $250 item and then, wound up posting the part on Ebay the following year for sale. He lied through his teeth! There are so many scams on ebay and the owners are still making millions every day. They won't change a thing unless THEY start losing money.

Quick Reply: What has happened to Ebay?