STREET LEGAL ATV's Where YOU live?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004 | 08:27 AM
CWG
|
Pro Rider
Default STREET LEGAL ATV's Where YOU live?

Here. Separate fact from "I know a guy who..."
Great link. I'm dammmmmmmmmm tempted to start the process just to get the ball rolling.
First you'll need this lights, horns, real tires, and turn signals
next you'll need to find what YOUR state says. Ohio says....hmmm, yes, sort of, if, well...maybe but you're on your own...but its legal...sort of
You can find about your state here!
CWG

Make it happen. WHY not? Safer, less likely to wipe on slick roads...dont forget winter! A quick run to the store, my Prairie has my head HIGHER than this crotch rocket that was in my driveway this summer. With an orange flag I could find it easy in the parking lot.

Old 09-14-2004 | 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Topic of much discussion. i am planning on trying to title out a Yamoto 150 here in Colorado soon. Colorado prohibits operation of off road vehicles on roads, with exceptions. however, it has a provision elsewhere to register and tag an offroad vehicle. Meant for dual sport bikes, but does not specify. it only outlines min seat height, lights,horn,mirrors.... i think it will work, especially with the off-brand name to not throw up any alarms. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Once tagged legally, it makes it harder for them to un-tag without a law. loopholes are fun, if you can find one.

Old 09-22-2004 | 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Don't I wish

Old 09-22-2004 | 04:22 PM
CWG
|
Pro Rider

Ohio says "with a DOT kit" I can do it.

Cool, all I need are tires, signals, horn and an inspection. Then, its a regular tag, like a car, no bike licence needed.
CWG

Old 09-28-2004 | 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

NY what a load of cr@p....

Old 10-04-2004 | 12:34 PM
Range Rover

KUWAIT SUCKS @SS!! I rode my quad on the streets here once though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I GOT CHASED BY A COP!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2004 | 02:38 AM
Range Rover

Texas sucks, of all places we should be able to ride. We cant even ride the beachs or tide lands that is so freaking dumb.

Old 02-24-2005 | 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

Wyoming requires a tail light, mirror (blind spot mirror on warning panel that is useless is fine), tag, DL endorsement and insurance. I got it and it is a BLAST!!!!!! Riding in town During Cheyenne Frontier Days is really cool.

Old 02-24-2005 | 02:02 PM
Range Rover

I have tried to get them In IL to do it but it takes up to 3-6 for an inspector to come and register it and they have to license it as a motorcycle which in reality it is a quadracyle. If you guys find a loophole write back I have only found dead ends.

Old 02-24-2005 | 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Here in northern Minnesota, if you are going a reasonable speed and not causing harm they generally don't bother you with just a regular atv license on it.

Quick Reply: STREET LEGAL ATV's Where YOU live?