What Can The Cops Do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can The Cops Do?

I've been stopped 3 times by cops... and idk if neone saw my Voilation post but that novice cop drove past my house today like 10 secs after i got done doing a burnout from the sidewalk to the road [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 1st time was when a Conservation Officer pulled me over in Bloomington for riding on the EDGE of a public road.. and 2nd was a verbal warning for riding on road 3rd tiem was about 5 mins later by a dif cop same place but i was PUSHING it (engine idleing in gear walking next to it) so i killed it and started pushing and he said taht i needed to get it home b4 he impounded it

Old 09-16-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

What Can The Cops Do?
anything they want

Old 09-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

nicely put.

Old 09-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

almost all my friends and I have had plenty of run ins with cops. we so far managed to get my old fourtrax 125,mojave,kx80 impounded, and we have all got our share of warnings and fines. only out run em if u know u can!

Old 09-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

We've ran into the cops quite a few times and somtimes ya run,.,.,and sometimes ya stop and lettem give ya there line of BS. Just depends on the situation. My friend ran the other day and only made it two miles before he realized he had no where to go...cop coulda had him for fleeing authority, speedin, ridin underage, riding on public roads, and tresspassing "private property". all he stuck him with was a fine for $90 cause he dint have a registration. cops round here arer pretty leiniant tho...we even ride our quads to school and McDonalds with no problems. we're a pretty small town so i guess it just depends.

By the way this is when i lived in Indiana, i just moved so i dont know how the po po react round here.

Old 09-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

every single time i do a massive 4th gear burn out on the raod in our development, there is smoke everywhere, i mean smoke, its terrible, and as soon as i get done and part on the side of the road, here comes rent-a-piggies. once did they stop, but it was a cool one and acually asked for me to do it again. the others kept on driving right over the pile of rubber shavings. a few times if i kept on going for about 10sec longer they would have seen me doing it and i would have been in some trouble.

Old 09-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Citation
Even though I dont have a license? You think he would still let me off with a warning?

~Eric
Oh yeah they gona get you...... They gona lock you up and throw away the key.... That cop is probably telling his buddy's that when he gets you he's gona put a hurtin on you real bad!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LOL, J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 11:12 PM
V
Trailblazer

I don't know how CT is, but here in IN a DL is not required to ride ATVs unless they are street legal and you are riding on the street. The cops aren't trying to bully the kids, but the kids are the ones who usually run (case and point) and the ones who usally ride in areas without thinking about what damage is caused, riding times, noise, property bounderies, etc. If you run, you may get away, but like the other guy said, they will be keeping a special eye out for you now. Also, it makes all of us look bad when you run. So while you may get away today, ya just pissed thta cop off where the rest of us are concerned. So, next time he sees one of us that do stop, he may not be so inclined to give us a break. Ask yourself this....How many ATVs have you seen or heard of being towed? And if you have heard of any, which I haven't, what was the rider doing to get it hooked? It's a lot more 3 dimensional that people think. Generally around here, cops don't even pay attention to us unless you are either doing something really stupid, or someone complains. Good luck.

Old 09-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Range Rover

i'm never gona stop again !!!!! i always ran, but this time i was on my dads bike just messing around and met up with the cops, so i stopped, i wasn't even going fast, they came up started yelling at me gave me a 256 dollar ticket, for being on the road, the funny part is they stopped me in front of my house and i said i pulled out onto the road and turned around but the cop to bad and gave me a ticket.
he did that because around here there are no official trails so it's either road or old rail road track / private property! and me and al my friends always run, because it's the same 2 cop cars that patrol and they hate us because there are no trails, but sometimes we go ride in other town that have trails and they just wave to us !!

Old 09-17-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

I stoped once bout 4 years ago when i was 16 on a 1973 yamaha 250 dirtbike and wasnt even doing anything wrong..this cop stoped me and he told me to turn around and hell follow me home..i turn around and he stops me again, with my license in his hands he says "u know what, u better push that thing home so u dont try anything stupid" 1.5miles later pushing a tank up my driveway the cop was talking to my dad telling him i got a warning...4 years...15 cops....30-50 yardjobs later..yet to stop.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

remember first thing you do when u get home is change your clothes thats the first thing they remember bout ya

Quick Reply: What Can The Cops Do?