What Can The Cops Do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can The Cops Do?

The cops around here dont care but they do. if your being stupid (50mph +) they dont like that on the 25's but usually they dont bother ya too much.. its a town of 3,000 so everyone knows eveyrone.. well not really but u know what i mean.;

Old 09-17-2004, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

well, up here in alaska the cops dont really care since alot of people have dirtbikes/quads/snowmachines. even though ive never been chases i know 90% of the trails and backroads by heart. my friends have showed me over the past. so i pretty much know where and when to ditch the rent-a-pigs.

Old 09-17-2004, 01:32 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

i ran into a cop once. i was doing like 50 on my dad's banshee. the thing is i was in the desert already. its supposedly illegal to ride where i ride ,so now the cops "stake us out" they even had lifted tahoes with crazy-huge tires. i have always decided to run, because my dad's friend mark got his warrior " impounded" a couple years ago. (i bet they just took it, and kept it for themselves....) it was on the first time seeing the cop too..... we'll never stop for a cop again, unless hes got us at gunpoint..... then i would probably stop.
unless i was on my dad's shee, then i would ditch him like a honda.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2004, 01:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: Citation
Hi All,

First time poster. I have a question maybe you all can help me out. The other day, I went out to my friends house, to get there, I take a trail and then go about 1/8 of a mile up a public road. So, I get there no problem, but as I'm coming back (3 hours later) on the public road, I see flashing lights up ahead. There was a cop up there who skids his car to put it horizontally so I couldn't easily go around him. As I get to him, I see an opening to the right and I take it, and going at about 35 head to the trails and rush in. Now, I live in CT, and I am only 15, with 5 years of riding exprerience, and I have NEVER had a cop chase me. At the time of the incident, I was driving a 125 Breeze (probably not the best choice for that particular run) but I am now getting a 450 Kodiak IRS. First question, was it the right move to run from the cops, or should I have stopped? Also, is the Kodiak a good choice of machinery for me? I ride on horse trails with HUGE logs, but I really would like to have some speed so I can keep up with my friends on their 250cc Dirt Bikes. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

~Eric

LMAO!!!!
Ditched em on a 125 breeze, That is the funniest story I have heard all week!!! BUT I do not recomend dis-obeying the police. Good thing you got away... Back when I was 15yrs old I rode dirtbikes only, and I "like an idiot" Ditched many of cops and EVEN helicopters, I was lucky and was never caught. When you DO get caught running from Police they can take away your bike AND you for evasion(sp). So next time yall think about ditching the cops, Make sure you like your bike, cause they can do what they want. Besides, your judgement could be off, And running scared may lead you off a cliff.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2004, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pinheadedjoker
The cops around here dont care but they do. if your being stupid (50mph +) they dont like that on the 25's but usually they dont bother ya too much.. its a town of 3,000 so everyone knows eveyrone.. well not really but u know what i mean.;
are you still livin in layton? i think there population is over 50 thousand in layton last time i checked.do you live in a town near layton.we will still think you cool even if you dont live in layton[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2004, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

Well, it is hard to say, I have ran because my last name isn't really good in our town (not made that way by me of course). but I have had friends that stop and get away with a "I don't want to see you here again", and then others with the nice $3000 dollar fine, plus impounding their atv for a while, with another fine on top of that..

It is basically your choice. Kodiak will probably suit you fine if you don't want a sport quad.

Old 09-17-2004, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pinheadedjoker
It is the same here pretty much.

Old 09-17-2004, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider

i used to run from the cops on my gokart when i was a kid. When i finally did get caught all i got was a warning ticket. I used to get those warning tickets for all kinds of things. I lived in a gated community and i cut a whole in the fence to get my go kart on a dirt road.

man those where the days. I wouldnt worry too much. I used to freak out when i ran from the cops and i finally got home. But ya know what. Jail cant be that bad.

Old 09-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Trailblazer

I probably would have rammed the cop car, but that's me, and I is stoopid!

Old 09-17-2004, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer

STOP! If that cop is motivated and decides to chase you....when he catches you you'll receive a beating along with being put in jail and getting charged with resisting arrest by flight. Not pretty!

It's about RESPECT. Stop, talk to the popo and you'll have no problems.

Quick Reply: What Can The Cops Do?