What Can The Cops Do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 03:51 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can The Cops Do?

Some strong points being said here. Now, we know why, only a hand full of people, make it as a peace officer.

Onefly, We have talked on many occasions[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and I am sure you are a responsible adult and atv rider, like the majority of us. You are tired of reading on the forums how people run from law enforcement[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]How, the younger and some older generations, have no or little respect for authority figures. This is peace officers, judges and parents, to name a few.
For you juveniles out there, where are your parents? As you sit here, saying you wouldn't stop, that you would run. You want to be treated as a mature person, but, your actions and words show, you are not mature enough to be treated as a mature person. Apparently, the officers in your area, haven't done enough enforcement of any type. I have pursued atvs in my career, some have gotten away, some have been caught.
Like V stated "Why would they mess with chasing you in that Impala when we all know what a quad/bike will do? They will wait until you get into your Impala, pull your disrespectful butt over and write you for anything they can think of. So instead of "Sorry Officer, I'll keep my quad off the street" It's "Pay to the order of the City of ???????" The choice is yours, they don't cry when they don't get you the first time...they just become more persistant and the next guy who would have gotten a break gets screwed."
He is right, we don't cry, we start given more enforcement in the area. And, that might be for any violation we see.
And Grownman, I agree with you on all the points you mentioned.

Old 09-19-2004, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider

woo hoo the thread has been moved yippie i think[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

Ahh Lt. Dan,

Nice to see an educated post on this subject.

Nice pics-am glad to see that your while family enjoys ATV's. I have and 18 year old son who likes to ride ( but is going into the military ) , a 14 year old daughter ( who thinks she is 21 ) and my wife of 18 years ( figure that one out ) who suprised me last weekend by going riding in the Black Hills of SD with me.

Everybody has their "wild years" during the maturing process. I am just lucky that my wild years did not get anybody hurt or killed.

In 14 years of Law enforcement I have seen alot of the young "turds" develop and mature into self supporting, law abiding ,generally decent people, and I am sure you have seen the same.

Thanks again and have fun

Steve Wuebben
AKA "LethalWuebben"
AKA'The Wuebbenator"

Old 09-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Quad Patrol

Grownman, I just fed off of your post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]And thanks. Yes, we love riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Ah, a growing family. Wish your son well, in the military. I enjoyed my time and the traveling[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I learned a lot. I hear you on the daughter. I have 3 that act about 8 years older, then they are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Back on the subject. Once again, grownman, hit it on the head[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We can sit here on the internet, and try to ram it in heads of others, that running is not wise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]and people can and do get hurt. But, here, all they want to do is, act like they are invinceable and "it can't happen to me" on top of "blame the cops" for my actions. Well, you aren't invinceable and it can happen to you. And, you only have yourself to blame[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] When you do get caught, don't whine and cry here or anywhere else. Take responsibility for your actions. You will get more respect and believe it or not, you will feel more responsible, because you took responsibility for your actions.

Happy and Safe Riding.

Old 09-20-2004, 02:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

It's a good thing these posters advocating evading the police are doing this while they are still young and know all the answers. Later on in life they should mature enough to know what stupidity they are presently displaying.

While some of them will never be caught many, if not most, will be remembered by the members of the local police and watched closely for a long time. When they do get caught they are the ones that cry the loudest. Sound like a 10 year old girl that has skinned her knee. Then the arrest follows them thru their life on every job application they have to fill out. Course if they are a juvinile most of this stupidity won't show up on their record.

Since many of these posters say they live in small towns the memory of the locals will go back many years. Those folks you are disrespectful to now will remember and act accordingly years later. Your "Rep" you are so proud of now and do all these "funny" things to enhance will be the reputation you have to live down.

I'm 63 years old now and grew up in a small town. Believe me, I know what I am talking about.

Ride legal, ride where you are allowed, ask permission prior to entering private land and don't for one second think you are outsmarting the police. Sooner or later your gonna end up paying for your actions.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Yup. All you that run from the cops: Thank you for getting more and more strict laws, and area closures. Do us all a favor and sell your quad before you get the whole sport outlawed.

Maybe there ought to be an age limit. It sucks, but maybe the rest of us can continue to enjoy the sport without the immature bunch. Sucks for the 1 or 2 mature youngun's that have spoken up.... but might help a lot. I see someone running from a cop, I'll be all in your way till he catches your dumb ***.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Yeah, Rescue.. I know im a radical and no way i be a peace officer cuz i would be like the Rock in Walking Tall, I Just Kick *** and Right obituraries.. I dont belive in a sensitive america. I want an america where i can leave my keys in my truck wherever i go!!!

Old 09-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

ok i am tired of rreading all this bullsh!t. i pay my taxes wich pays there wage. public roads ay... if it's public y cant i do what i want on the roads that my taxes pay to pave.the other day i was runing from the 1 of the 3 cops that dont like me i was on my dads pred doing about 64 the cops chasing all of a sudin his tire pops ahahhahahahahahahha i was cracken up i almost fell off

Old 09-20-2004, 06:50 PM
V
Trailblazer

Okay 4wheelerfred, first off probably about $1.00 of YOUR actual taxes goes to an Officer's salary. With that in mind, I don't think that gives you the right to tell anyone what to do, expecially Officers sworn to uphold the LAW. Laws are there for a reason, not for your enjoyment, so ya can't just do what you want. These are not street legal machines because they are not street safe, duh! They are made for off road, that's why they call them off road vehicles. Ya pickin up what I'm throwin down Fred? Finally, please use spell/grammer check on any further correspondance. An English book would probably help too. I'm sure I'm not the only one who had to translate your post into English.

Keep on runnin pal...So tell me again, why do those 3 cops not like you? I'm sure it's nothing you did.

Old 09-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

so, y is it V, that 4 wheelers are not safe on the road? my buddy just bought a 2002 altima. we road raced down this windy, backstreet road we know of. i was on my raptor and i got to tell ya, it was close. he was ahead of me, but i was right on his *** the hole way down. now i know that people are going to say "o you shouldnt do that. thats illegal" who gives a f***? my quad, ill do what i want with it and to hell with anyone else. if a cop wants to chase me for it? well go ahead cuz they aint going to catch me. if anyone has anything to say about me "endangering other lifes" i just want you to know this. i dumped my 2004 raptor into a ditch because there was people on the road that i was going down. i wouldnt of been able to stop, so i just say o sh-- and i headed for the ditch. the first thing that came out of my mouth was "are n e of you alright?" the first thing they said was "@$$". so i gave them the finger and i left

Quick Reply: What Can The Cops Do?