Camelback HydroBak water pack for 18 bux

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camelback HydroBak water pack for 18 bux

found this on slickdeals....

http://www.slickdeals.net/#p5555

eBags has the CamelBak HydroBak on clearance for $18. Activate the 10% off & free shipping coupon first to get the discounted price.

Old 12-16-2004, 02:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought one, I've been looking for a good one for cheap and this fits the bill perfectly. Thanks!

Old 12-16-2004, 08:27 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Unless they have changed their policy, Camelback give's a part of all their sales to the organization's that are working to close our riding areas. I personally wont buy one.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Like it really matters? You can get hung up on something ethical like that and claim to be on a higher moral plane, but in real life neither your choice not to buy or my choice to buy mean a gosh darn thing.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:30 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: maddog56
Like it really matters? You can get hung up on something ethical like that and claim to be on a higher moral plane, but in real life neither your choice not to buy or my choice to buy mean a gosh darn thing.
I did not claim to be on a higher moral plane than you, just stating a fact. If you think I am on a higher moral plane than you that is your problem not mine. If you want to support companies helping to eliminate our riding areas, good for you.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Euro Enduro

For a company interested in helping to shut down riding areas they sure are making a bad move sponsoring a European enduro team.

I looked through the website back through 2000 and I didnt see any mention of donations to activist or anti-motor vehicle environmental groups. But if you could find the article that stated what Camelback was doing I'd appreciate it.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:44 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: maddog56
Euro Enduro

For a company interested in helping to shut down riding areas they sure are making a bad move sponsoring a European enduro team.

I looked through the website back through 2000 and I didnt see any mention of donations to activist or anti-motor vehicle environmental groups. But if you could find the article that stated what Camelback was doing I'd appreciate it.
It is possible that they have changed their policies, so I will do some research and get back to you. I am fairly busy today so it may take a couple days.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reading

Old 12-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

From one of the March 2001 articles listed in Bing's link:

Like any good ad sales guy, after we gave them some nice coverage I approached CamelBak about running some ads on ORC. I was told by Lea Morrison, "... That while there was little or no budget for the online and/or off-road market, I should contact Stacy Stanley of Sasquatch Advertising in Portland, Ore. their ad agency. I was rudely informed by Ms. Stanley, "CamelBak has no interest in advertising to, or supporting the off-road market, now or anytime in the future." At which point she abruptly terminated the conversation.
From Camelback's Website Circa September 2001:

The best 600 endurance motorcycle racers in the world convened in Brive la Gaillarde, France for the 76th “International Six Days of Enduro” (ISDE) from August 27 through September 1, also considered as the World Championship competition for the sport. Thirty-two countries were represented during this week of intense off-road racing. The CamelBak-sponsored French National Team came away with the title more than 8 minutes ahead of its nearest opponent, thanks to the hard work of David Frétigné, Cyril Esquirol, Eric Bernard, Marc Germain, Olivier Rebufie and Sebastien Guillaume. In addition to the collective team title, the members also found individual success, with Marc Germain winning the 125cc championship, Cyril Esquirol claiming the 250cc 4T title and David Frétigné rising to the top of the 250cc 2T category. With the mercury pushing upwards of 40°C (106°F) in the shade early in the week and muddy conditions making for difficult handling later in the week, the team member’s CamelBak hydration systems were essential equipment to their success.
Sounds like the writer of that initial article had some information wrong, or flat out showed a bias against Camelback based upon prior assumptions.

Old 12-16-2004, 03:02 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Never said it wasnt a great product.

Quick Reply: Camelback HydroBak water pack for 18 bux