minimum maintence roads?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default minimum maintence roads?

how many people take these roads? me and a couple of my buddies went on a couple last night with out jeeps...I went in the ditch once becaus it got icy....but it was a small pitifull ditch....but still...I went in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I had great fun last night...it was about 1 in the morning when we started out...

anyone else with stories?

Old 12-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My buddy took his Grand Am down one one time. He lost contol and went up the berm on the side of the road and side swiped an old farmers plow burried in the grass. Boy was his dad PISSED!!

Old 12-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ive been on lots of them, up north. In the Isabella area, thats about all there is.
About 5 years ago, me and my brother were riding dirt bikes up there, bird hunting, in late Oct.. Turns out, the place we planned on getting gas at, was closed, because this was a weekday, most places are open only on weekends. If youve ever been up there, you know how desolete, it can be. Well, it was getting dark, we were getting cold, and it was 30 plus miles back to Finland, where we were parked. Both dirt bikes were on reserve, and had been for awhile. We figured, we needed to stop, and have a cool one while, thinking over our options.
Do we combine gas, into one bike, and hope it makes it back to the truck, where we have spare gas, refill it and drive back to the other bike.But if we run out, half way there...were really screwed.
Got to gabbing with some other guys at the bar ( tressle inn), and they were fishing and camping, and just happened to have some extra gas for their outboard. One of the guys went back to their campsite, got a gallon of gas and brought it back, to the bar. We bought them a round of drinks...and were on our way.
Moral of the story...we carry enough gas, so if the planned gas stop goes awry, we have our own.
If you havent ridden in the arrowhead, in the night, you dont know what the definition of middle of no where is.

Old 12-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the one guy that was driving the newer of the two jeeps (his was a grand cherokee mine was the regular cherokee) said to me after we were done "man I have never gone so long without driving past some out of no where town...I just laughed at him...