Randy Moss' touchdown dance!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Randy Moss' touchdown dance!

I understand at Green Bay its a tradition for the locals to moon the opponents' bus when they are leaving, and that was the inside joke of Moss's actions. I'm not that worried about it myself. If I were some big NFL stud and scored I'd be like ol Tom Rathman remember him 49ers? He'd make a big crushing run, right over some db's, then just adjust his helmet and walk back to the huddle.

But, my favorite of all, is when some big ol 370 pound stomach hangin' out offensive lineman recovers a fumble and scores a td, then starts doin' the dance. Man I love that!

Old 01-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

It takes a TEAM effort to drive down the field and score a td. These guys act like they did it all by themselves. A few hi-fives and some pats on the back would be fine. Good job o-line for protecting the QB, good job for making that block so I could score. Noooo- its look at me I did it all by myself. friggin showboaters starving for attention thats all.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Two points here.

1) These sports players are no different then movie starts. They are just entertaining. Tom Hanks makes $20 million a movie, Moss makes $6 million a year. And to a fan in Minnesota, Moss is a much better entertainer.

2) I can't believe the announcers on ESPN wouldn't show the replay. ESPN produced the series "Playmakers" that had nothing but sexual remarks and drug use, but they won't show a guy bend over and move his arms down his side? Talk about hypocrites.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

everysport has some way of celebrating...take nascar for example...what do the winning drivers do at the end of a race..ohh thats right....the act like 16 year old boys who just got their liscense and want to have some fun and do donuts...and do you see the mechanics out there doing them with him? or what about the pit crew? nope...

I am by no means defending what moss did (even though I found it funny) but lighten up...

Old 01-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

The last incident didn't bother me that much, it was the one before when we walked off the field. These guys are role models to soooo many youngsters out there. You would think they realize this and act accordingly. It's just annoying.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:31 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: MnFriesen
everysport has some way of celebrating...take nascar for example...what do the winning drivers do at the end of a race..ohh thats right....the act like 16 year old boys who just got their liscense and want to have some fun and do donuts...and do you see the mechanics out there doing them with him? or what about the pit crew? nope...

I am by no means defending what moss did (even though I found it funny) but lighten up...
I think the key is at the END of the race. What if they took time out to celebrate at the end of every lap the were leading?

Old 01-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good point MWQ, another thing is NASCAR boys can't really do what they want. They have to go to victory lane before the before the broadcast is up so they can get the sponsors' pictures in the camera. And they can't jump on the roof so it doesn't effect inspection. So there is some limitaions there.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:31 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I repesct Randy Moss as the most talented reciever inthe league, maybe ever. I said talented, not the best, thats Jerry Rice. What is so rionic is that Fox of all people, had its representative (Joe Theisman) say "I am so sorry that our network had to air that"
Give me a break, Fox single handledly ran network TV into the gutter, don't get me wrong, I dig the gutter. But, for them to have the gall to say that after they just aired a cartoon butt on Simpsons, the violence of 24, the scantily clad women of every show they have ever aired, the shameless self promotion of their reality shows, just boggles my mind.

It was a pretty creative, non offensive celebration, IMO. The Packhards fans are ok to do it, I understand the players are held to a different set of rules than players, but come on.
Baseball players can scratch them selves on TV, we hear about 4 hour erections, we see ALOT more skin on the close up crotch shots on the rah rah s. I personally am offended (mostly because I see their programming as an insult to my intellegence , they actuyally think I am entertained by that mindless crap?) by almost everything they air, besides sports.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Cattle
1) These sports players are no different then movie starts. They are just entertaining. Tom Hanks makes $20 million a movie, Moss makes $6 million a year. And to a fan in Minnesota, Moss is a much better entertainer.
Yeah but my taxes don't go to build Tom Hanks a studio, and regardless off how much he gets paid the theater tickets are only $7.50 plus $4.00 for popcorn and a drink, not a bad deal for 2 hours worth of entertainment.

Price out what it costs to take a family of 4 to see an NFL game, with food and refreshments, lets hope no one wants a stupid jersey. Maybe if they cut these a$$clowns salaries it would be more reasonable, not that I give a crap. Even if it was free I wouldn't waste my time going.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: trx250RobYeah but my taxes don't go to build Tom Hanks a studio
If you live in Minnesota, your taxes wouldn't go to sports either. They have ZERO tax dollars going towards a new stadium. I guess they don't even have a new stadium.

How about every time you go to Disney world you have to pay $110 a ticket, because Disney has to pay Tom Hanks for the movie, plus you will buy your kids a Toy Story shirt, lunch box, ext.

Quick Reply: Randy Moss' touchdown dance!