Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005 | 06:18 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default Whats happened to this site?

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Blackraptor, nice tennis shoes!
Thought I's the only one that did that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Wow!!! Last time i did that i could hardly walk for coupld days. thats hard on the ol arches.

As for the rest of it. Leave the hot women alone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] keep the drugs other bad stuff out yer galleries.

Old 01-13-2005 | 09:03 PM
|
Pro Rider

Looks like this site is still loaded with plenty of good folks that love and enjoy 4 wheeling.

Vunit keep to your guns and don't give into to them. I'm not sure about there being more drugs than there used to be. I can remember when I was in school, lets just say a while back, there was plenty of drug use. the thing was it was done in the shadows. Today it's like people don't care. they just do it right out in public. it's like it's become accepted. i have respect for you staying cleanand not giving in to the crowd!

Old 01-13-2005 | 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackRaptor

I don't know about you guy that have been here a while but this forum is getting overran by hot headed kids or just kids in general.
im not trying to be obnoxious, but im starting to get fed up with the stereotype that all of us kids and teens, "in general" are the ones filling this place with trash. Yes, there are some kids making this place a warzone, etc., but i also bet there are just as many adults doing the same thing. If everytime i come to this site all i can read about is how us kids are ruining this site, im just going to stop coming. C'mon guys, its not just the kids.

Old 01-13-2005 | 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
Looks like this site is still loaded with plenty of good folks that love and enjoy 4 wheeling.

Vunit keep to your guns and don't give into to them. I'm not sure about there being more drugs than there used to be. I can remember when I was in school, lets just say a while back, there was plenty of drug use. the thing was it was done in the shadows. Today it's like people don't care. they just do it right out in public. it's like it's become accepted. i have respect for you staying cleanand not giving in to the crowd!
Thanks TexasPsycho, yeah one of our major problems in my school is there is just too much money that kids have and spending it on drugs and stuff like that because there nothing else in our town. Yes that's true about how people just do it out in public now because i see kids all the time in my school smoking in school without there smoking passes. You have to have a pass signed by your parents in order to smoke in my school but that's their choice right. Yeah i sure loves quads, cars and so on and it will not let drugs get in the middle of that because it just not worth losing my quad over drugs. As you can see i put a lot of money and time into my quad and a very happy with my quad, anyways when you start doing drugs than you depend on them and it's not cheap by any means to buy them and then when you have no $$$ left to buy the drug you start to steal $ and then before you know it your locked up and doing mad time cuz of that.
Ride quads 4 life [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2005 | 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

OK, I just read this thread and I thought I would chime in too. I am 21, I guess I kinda still classify as a kid. I am fairly new and I don't think I have made this site bad. I think that there are other "kids" with good info and good questions. I just think certain individuals make alot of people look bad.

As to drugs on an atv site, I agree that it is wrong and shouldn't be on here. At the same time keeping drugs off here is practically pointless because like someone else said they are everywhere. It is just a matter of having the understanding and teaching kids that they are bad. Look at movies for example, it seems that every movie with a pg13 rating or higher has a pot reference in one way shape or form.

Like texaspsycho said, there were drugs when he was in highschool. I graduated in 2001, there were plenty when I was in school too and it sounds like there are more and worse ones now. I guess I knew and still know alot of "potheads" and never had a problem with it. It seems more like a personal choice of lifestyle. IMO people get more screwed up from drinking. The thing that really scares me is both kids and adults on meth, now that is really bad stuff. I didn't even know what that was 5 years ago.

I find it interesting what everyone thinks on this subject. We also have too remember why everyone is on here, the love of fourwheeling.

Old 01-13-2005 | 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

AMEN. everyone just has to remember that one thing that we are all here to talk about atv's. and that we should all consider each other friends cause if we try to distroy each other you never now what could happen to our sport.

now see kids can have a good kind thing to say.lol

Old 01-14-2005 | 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

What I like about ATV'n is that out there with the helmets on we's all the same. I stop after racing on Thunder or doing a bunch of jumps with a group I ran into, and when we pull brain buckets off, it turns out there's 16 year olds and 40-something fossils like me. And it don't matter we're all ridin'.

No kids, no grown ups, no cliques, just us riders. The way it ought to be.

Old 01-14-2005 | 10:01 AM
|
Pro Rider

I hope I haven't givin any young people the idea all us older people ( like how I said young and older?) are saying kids are starting all the trouble Trust me My generation can stir up as much trouble as the younger ones. Just by reading these post it shows theres a lot of really great young people out there that have their heads on straight and are heading down the right road. I have seen a few older folks that although they may not use drugs they still need to grow up when it comes to their drinking, not talking about anyon on here. I personally don't drink and have nothing against people that do as long as they are legal age and do it responcibly without getting slobbering drunk. I really don't think there any more drugs today than there was 25 years ago it's just today they seem to be more accepted by sociaty and nobody says anything, they just turn their heads. Like I said when I was in school the pot heads would all gather down the road at this huge culvert on certain days and on other days they would meet at other places and smoke their junk while hiding. It seems today they jus fire up right there in front of anyone. I actually say a young man (about 23) fire one up a copuple of months ago in McAlisters Deli! Nobody said a word!I goit the manager to come to the table with me and to tell him to get out since it was his place. The manager ASKED the man if he wouldn't mind putting it out! and then told him he was sorry for disturbing him! What the! The dude was smoking weed in public in his returant! Instead of telling him to get his butt out and not come back he acted like he was disturbing the druggie! I know theres a lot of good folks out there and I have met a ton on here. I really haven't met any bad people on here just a couple of young ones testing the grounds. I do know that even though drugs are popping up every where we can't just set back and ignore them. We can't let them become the norm. I hope I haven't made anyone mad on here and want to thank everyone for speaking up. This is a great site with a bunch of great members.

Old 01-14-2005 | 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

having a son in collage, and a 13 year old in middle school seeing drugs running, is scarry. i think the differance in when i was in school, and today, is simply respect. 20 something years ago, if you did drugs, or pot, you stayed in the shadows, for fear, and for safety. it seems to me, some of the youth flaunt it, with no respect for others kids, or others feelings. odviously movies dont help it, becouse they portray it as the norm. remember when you had to watch cheech and chong to see this kind of thing. now, you can watch any pg 13 movie and see it.
it has become the parents job to choose what there children see, along with what they can teach them about it, being realistic. so, i have taken the approch of being honest( to a point, lol) and taking the conversation to my kids. it has worked with my son away at collage( i hope) but my 13 year old scares me about it. he just seems easy to influance. it seems that the few safety nets we parents do have, are shrinking also. kind of like some posts on here. i left this sight for a while becouse of some posts, but desited to deal with them, with my kids, so as to not try to hide it. now, i respond to most, and try to let my sons see my point of view on them. this way they can have differant opinions over what others think, and there fathers thoughts. ( of corse, they constantly correct my spelling, lol) other posts that shock me is some( not all) stating how bad cops are, and how they are pigs and so on, even when there being cool. i use them as lessons to my kids as how not to be. i also used this post as a lesson. trying to show my kids that most dont like these things, and the ones that due are the minority.
sorry so long, and for rambling

Old 01-14-2005 | 10:20 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

What gets me and I'm talking to you Weedman is who your generation picks for role models and there heros! You got some dead shot up Gang-banger for a avitar...like thats cool. Just remember this in my opinon, real men join the Army and learn how to Jump out of Airplanes, shoot machine guns and kill Terrorist for their Country.

Quick Reply: Whats happened to this site?