Whats happened to this site?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005 | 03:29 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Whats happened to this site?

I was off the site for a while after my accident and come back to find quite a few new members. I started checking out some of the new galleries and couldn't believe what is being put in some of them. I found several with pics of stuff I wouldn't want my kids to se. One had a dude smoking weed, another dude passed out from drinking and one dude hitting on a home made bong. I always thought this wa a family site but it looks like it's going down hill. Does anyone monitor the galleries? Call me old, out of date or whatever but I'm going to have to be right here with my kids when they log on now. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse or niether me nor my kids will log on again.

Old 01-12-2005 | 03:34 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

.....with the universal sign of death (skull/cross-bones) as a avatar! lol! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2005 | 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Every gallery page is reviewed and approved before it goes public. What is acceptable is at the discretion of the moderator who happens to review the page.

We try to allow reasonable personal expression and freedoms. If we're too strict then people aren't happy and if we're not strict enough then people aren't happy. We try to find a balance somwhere in the middle.

If anyone finds something they think shouldn't be there, they should email the moderators. If we receive enough reports, we'll go ask the person to remove the item.

That's really the best we can do to try and keep most people happy.

Old 01-12-2005 | 03:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Welcome Back TexasPsycho, its been a while.

IMO there have been quite a few questionable pictures and other things that have occured here in recent times. I attribute most of it to a change in the mentality of new members and thier sheer volume along with the effect that it has on dbeck and the moderators.

Old 01-12-2005 | 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Every member in the forum can help keep an eye on things. We truly appreciate the help and every moderator report is reviewed within 5 - 10 minutes of reeiving them.

Old 01-12-2005 | 04:13 PM
|
Pro Rider

I'm all for freedom of expression but come on should the site really allow pics that show or promote drug use, something that is illegal? I don't drink but plenty of my buddies do and thats fine with me as long as they keep it in check and stay away from the steering wheel when drinking. I know my kids are going to be exposed to drinking by the radio, t.v and magizines and hopefully I will raise them to know if they do drink, when they are of age, to do it smart and not go driving or riding when they are impaired. The drug subject is different though. It's something I hope to keep them away from all together and seeing pics on here of people doing drugs is something I don't want to happen. I'm not trying to stir up a big stink but I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse.
Thanks maddog! it's good to be back!

Old 01-12-2005 | 04:32 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

I just noticed the bong and passed out drunk thing the other day and I to was a little shocked about it and Im 21! Seeing a guy with a beer around a fire is one thing, but showing someone trashed thinking it is cool to be a dope head is another and I think it sends a trashy message. I don't think it is something that I am worried about my kids seeing, because they are going to see it anyhow in this world of today. But I don't think this is the type of behavior that is wanted to be promoted here IMO. Now I don't want to make everyone have strict rules on pics because this was brought up, but I do think some intentions are obvious and should be thought thru.

BTW, I only seen these pics in one member's page and no other's as of yet. .[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]coughweedmancough.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] hense the name.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2005 | 04:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
I'm all for freedom of expression but come on should the site really allow pics that show or promote drug use, something that is illegal? ... The drug subject is different though. It's something I hope to keep them away from all together and seeing pics on here of people doing drugs is something I don't want to happen. I'm not trying to stir up a big stink but I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse.
Thanks maddog! it's good to be back!
There was a thread a couple weeks ago about a kid who's father took away his key to the atv because the kid was high at school and got in trouble for it. He came on here asking how to hotwire the quad. There were so many pro-drug responses that it blew my mind, apparently its an accepted and encouraged thing for many, many members on this board. More shocking than the number of illegal drug users on the site was the fact that the thread was alllowed to continue without serious moderation, if any.

Like I said, the members are different I think, and that's effecting everything. There is a user with the name "weedman" along with other similarly suggestive or blatent references to illegal or lewd subjects. I made my views on drug use known and left the thread alone for the most part, I didnt complain to anyone because I wasnt going to make a stink as I had just made a stink about something else a month or two prior.

You're welcome, I look forward to seeing your input here once again.

Old 01-12-2005 | 04:53 PM
|
Pro Rider

I don't really care to stir up a bunch of crap but if me speaking up against this stuff will help keep the site clean and fit for families then I'll will. I saw that young mans login name and thought "well thats a good image to have". I know my kids will be exposed to drugs sooner or later but I don't want them to see it on a site like this. That just helps put in kids minds that drugs are ok if a site like this allows it. Believe me I know their out there and they were there when I was in school but they stayed in the shadows which let you know they weren't accepted but now their right out in the open saying come on and try me.

Old 01-12-2005 | 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Everything is guaged on feedback. We try to keep the masses happy. Please keep sharing your comments. We're listening.

Quick Reply: Whats happened to this site?