Foggy Goggles?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 02:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all! I'm having a problem in this Texas humidity with my goggles fogging. I have some Scott's. Nothing new or fancy, just goggles. They usually don't fog unless I slow way down or stop, then they fog and take a minute to unfog once I get going.
Does anyone use a pair of goggles that just don't fog up no matter what? What about the no-fog cloths, are they any good? Tell me your solutions.

Thanks,

jason

Old 09-14-2000, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Greetings,

Yes, I have a pair of goggles that just won't fog up no matter what.

They are called "Bugz-Eye" and are made out of a fine stainless steel screen mesh. They keep out bugs and stuff and don't impede your vision -- but aren't effective against fine dust. This is sort of OK for me since [a.] I rarely ride in a group and [b.] fogging is generally a winter problem in PA so I use them mostly when there is no dust.

They are well padded and seal well, plus they give you a sort of alien look -- you can decide whether or not this is an advantage. They are made primarily for lumber jacks, you can get them from Bailey's Woodsman's Supply (http://www.baileys-online.com) for about $20.00.

Old 09-14-2000, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, I have the same climat being I am from the same area. The Scott 89 Turboflows are great for not fogging. They have two panes kind of like a 2 paned window.

Old 09-14-2000, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Back when I played hockey, I used to use an I-Tech facemask. This was a clear plastic facemask. When I sat on the bench, I could not see in front of me until I started to skate around. I tried everything to stop the fogging. All the chemicals/cleaners you can think of. In the end, I found something that worked great.

Shampoo!

Now before you laugh, hear me out. The best shampoo to use is one without conditioners. Do not use water or anything. Just put a little (LITTLE) on the goggles and rub it in with a clean towel. I would do this before each game and I never had a problem on the ice.

Give it a try. It is very cheap and will not hurt anything on the goggles. Actually it will help clean them. Also, you will only need to do this on the inside. And make sure that you get ALL the dirt off the lens. Otherwise you will scratch the heck out of them.

Old 09-14-2000, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beleive it or not shaving cream works great on mirrors to stop the fogging from the steam. But i use fog off sold at pep boys. It is made for the inside of your auto windsheild and also works great on goggles. I also use rain x on the front of the lens when it rains