H&R Block "Refund Anticipationloan"

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R Block "Refund Anticipationloan"

I'm not really supposed to talk about that stuff on here without being an advertiser. Remember, living life to it's fullest will also include being able to buy real good cigars when you're older too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

HeHe, I know!

Old 01-26-2005, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

I guess using bank was a broad generalization of what I meant. I think I should just wait til I get my money before I start spending it!

Old 01-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OverRaTeD

Also, H&R Block is mainly targeting people with large refunds. These people generally get Earned Income Credit (EIC) In case you don't know.... So if you get EIC, you’re getting all the tax you had deducted back plus an additional amount determined by a factor of your income and dependents. This additional amount was withheld out of someone else's check and you didn't pay it. If you are receiving EIC the government has decided you’re not making enough so they take it from someone else and give it to you. So if you receive EIC, I challenge you to take the steps you need to increase your income level and better provide for yourself and you family and get off welfare.

I have more than enough money to take care of me and my toys
Obviously you know nothing about EIC

Get off of welfare??? Just because you qualify for EIC does not mean you are on the welfare system
The earned income credit (EIC) is available to certain people who work, have income less than $34,458, and meet certain other requirements. Generally this applys to working family's in this income range with children.
Yes, it is free money. It does come out of the governments pockets.
$34,000 is a heck of a lot of money to perhaps lots of members on this board. Lets see, do the math, with one person working, that translates to around $17.00 an hour of gross wages for a 40 hour work week, 52 weeks a year. Not bad money by most peoples standards.
Obviously you make more money than that and consider those with that income and below to be substandard welfare people, IMO

My take on the refund anticipation loan? file electronicly yourself and have it in your account in 7 to 13 days

Old 01-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Kushman, thank you. I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm glad somebody did.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

I hear ya

I have kids, friends that have a hell of a time getting by on 10, 12, 14 bucks an hour. They use this "extra" money for medical bills, car repairs, or just a month to not have to do without and enjoy things for a change.

Come to think of it, I think my kids cost me less when they were under my own roof [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Oh heck, I make over 40,000 a year and if people are eligible for EIC let them have it!!!!!!!!!!!
I supported myself and my daughter for years with no support from my ex wife (at the time I was earning around 30,000/year and she refused to work because she didn't want to pay support). I am more than happy to have some of my money now go to people who are trying. I never applied for any welfare, but the EIC came in handy at tax time! Better than the ones who sit home and do nothing! Call it welfare if you want but it goes to people who are trying at least, that is why they call it EARNED income credit.
Thank you for the podium, I am stepping down now, NEXT?

Old 01-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

[quote]
Originally posted by: Kushman
[i]
Get off of welfare??? Just because you qualify for EIC does not mean you are on the welfare system
The earned income credit (EIC) is available to certain people who work, have income less than $34,458, and meet certain other requirements. Generally this applys to working family's in this income range with children.
Yes, it is free money. It does come out of the governments pockets.
$34,000 is a heck of a lot of money to perhaps lots of members on this board. Lets see, do the math, with one person working, that translates to around $17.00 an hour of gross wages for a 40 hour work week, 52 weeks a year. Not bad money by most peoples standards.
Obviously you make more money than that and consider those with that income and below to be substandard welfare people, IMO

My take on the refund anticipation loan? file electronicly yourself and have it in your account in 7 to 13 days

$34,000 is good money by anyone's standards...if your single, that is. If you are having to house, cloth and feed a family of four on $34,000 then things are tight all the time. EIC is a form wealth transfer pure and simple, the government is taking money from one group of individuals and giving it to another. If you qualify for EIC, your standard deduction and exemptions will reduce your taxable income to a level that your child tax credit will wipe out any federal tax you owe. Then the refundable earned income credit is given to provide an additional refund amount. If the government has to provide someone money to help increase there income it is called welfare, therefore EIC is welfare.

Hey, I am not trying to knock anyone on EIC. Sometimes things happen and everyone needs a little help sometimes. And people at low incomes do need help getting by, that is where the government comes in to help when they can't get by on there own. I was just trying to make people aware of what it truely is. I know some single parents who will not get married to their live in girlfriend just because they know if they do, they will not get that big refund check next year and I think that is wrong. I also think it is wrong when I see people using that big EIC refund to buy car stereos and unneeded stuff like that when they have kids at home that need clothes, food and braces etc. I know I would feel like crap if I went out and bought myself a YFZ with my EIC refund check and then the next week I am scraping up change to feed my kids.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:07 AM
Pro Rider

if welfare is taking money from one group to another what do you call social security? WELFARE?

Old 01-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Range Rover

I was wandering if anyone could give me some more advice on buying a program like Turbo Tax. I hate paying H&R Block $160 plus. I've called around to get prices and no one will give you a quote, they all say they don't know for sure but they will tell you before they file them. Like I'm going to go in and wait for 30 minutes then go through the hassle of having someone do them then say no I think thats to much! I should just have 2- W-2's, but I've got to pay tax on around $3000.00 my wife made on the side. I've got around $1000.00 in expenses I need to claim against it. I've got over $10,000.00 in deductions so I know I will be going long form. So would this be easy to do, I bought tax software and used it about 10yrs ago and it worked fine, but I was able to go short form and there was nothing to it. Finally the last question, does it show you how to electronically file your taxes. I have no clue where or how to electronically file them. Thanks DennisC

Quick Reply: H&R Block "Refund Anticipationloan"