atv's vs dirtbikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv's vs dirtbikes

thats some funny ****..

i just like bikes because you can nail em and take off through the next world, but i do give my head the nod to quads, because of the year round use, and if you just want to stop or putt, a bike you cant do that.

v581

Old 02-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For me I have more fun on quads with my friends and trail riding and boozing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img], but I get a rush with a db on a track or catching air.

Old 02-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GLAE874
Most guys on Quads around here are:
1. Fat
2. Never wear the proper protective gear.
3. Take a cooler out before they even start ridding.
4. Think that LOUD pipes=horse power.
5. Attract the cops to once great secret ridding area's. (See #4)
6. Diver like *ss *holes in the parking area.
7. Die from a false sense of confidence thinking their safer on a quad.
8. Wear the mandatory backwards baseball cap and wife beater T-shirt.
9. Think that side wheelie's look cool.
10. ARE MAKING OFF ROAD SPORTS ON LONG ISLAND EXTINCT. SELL YOUR STUPID QUAD AND BUY A BIKE!!!!
Gota hand it to you...for only 5 posts, this was a good one. You got a good sense of humor, stick around.
I like # 8 the best.

Old 02-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

I love dirtbikes and atv's the same amount. I started out on bikes so I will ALWAYS have a bike. I got started in atv's in 2001 so I am sort of new. I've been around all the bikes and atvs all my life since we own a Kawi dealership. On a dirtbike you can fly higher, and are faster. Lighter, and more powerful compared to an atv of equal engine size. I love hittin the jumps and berms hard on a bike. You are in more control on a bike. Atv's are great cause you can ride them all yr round. A dirtbike you can too but it sucks in the cold and when its muddy out. Atv's are a lot more comfortable trail riding. Its nice bein able to just sit on a quad and not worry about balancing and you can give people rides a lot easier. You can get stuck a lot easier on a quad though and its harder to get unstuck. Bikes don't get stuck as easily and are easy to get out. You can use atv's for work also since the utes have racks and some have four wheel drive. I will always own both bikes and atv's the rest of my life. Gives me somethin to do and gets me out of the house thats the main thing we all should be thankful for when it comes to dirtbikes and atv's. Thats what we all have in common no matter which you like better.

Old 02-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

i perfer atvs cuz i like running it all year round. plus if u got a couple of basket ***** laying around u can make ur atv a boat. plus u can hydro plane which makes n e one look cool

Old 02-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: GLAE874
Most guys on Quads around here are:
1. Fat
2. Never wear the proper protective gear.
3. Take a cooler out before they even start ridding.
4. Think that LOUD pipes=horse power.
5. Attract the cops to once great secret ridding area's. (See #4)
6. Diver like *ss *holes in the parking area.
7. Die from a false sense of confidence thinking their safer on a quad.
8. Wear the mandatory backwards baseball cap and wife beater T-shirt.
9. Think that side wheelie's look cool.
10. ARE MAKING OFF ROAD SPORTS ON LONG ISLAND EXTINCT. SELL YOUR STUPID QUAD AND BUY A BIKE!!!!
You Need a group hug bro.
Loud pipes save lives! Yes more pressure = more power thus the loud sweet sound of a 2 stroke poping and pinging through the air. You have parking areas? We have open desert.
Over growth is making Off road riding a thing of the past not us riders. Who but us do we bother out there???? I love the sound of a Thumper, new top end on a dirt bike poping. The smel of race gas burnning in the air. Guess I'm hard core. I still like them both.

Old 02-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm so happy to find an off road board that's ACTIVE, the ones on Long Island suck. GLAE874 is kinda right about the quad mentality around here, the majority of the people around here that ride them are morons.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

one advantage to the quads here...

when i had my kodiak, my friends on their bikes constantly made fun of me for being so slow... kinda funny though. they occasionally broke down. and if i wasnt around they had a long walk.

but, when i was around, we threw the bike on my back rack, and they also rode back with me. that always made them shut up quick... especially when a chick was around...

Old 02-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

atvs are better because you can take your honey out in the woods and bang her on the quad which btw is real fun!!

Old 02-15-2005, 04:50 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: strongtyer
ok, this topic is not meant to start a fight but what does everyone think about it? why are atv's better than dirtbikes? why are dirtbikes better than atv's? lets hear some reasons. this is just meant to tell about the advantages not to rag on either atv's or dirtbikes. just for fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

heres some reasons from douggust.com

TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY AN ATV INSTEAD OF A DIRTBIKE:
(Relax, dirtbike guys, this is just for fun...)

#1: There are more trails open to ATVs. (Dirtbikes are often banned due to the damage the tires do to any trail.)

#2: ATV's are better in snow and mud.

#3: There's nothing like power-sliding around a corner on an ATV. Do this on a dirtbike and you'll end-up on your head.

#4: Statistically, ATVs are safer. (If you wear a helmet and get an ATV that's the right size for you.)

#5: Competition in the ATV world is still very open. There's lots of room to make your mark. (Everybody and his cousin is racing dirtbikes...)

#6: It's easier to transport and carry 'stuff' on an ATV.

#7: When you're parked, your girlfriend can sit on the seat with you, and it won't tip over like a dirtbike would.

#8: ATV's can have a safety flag on them for visibility on the dunes and trails. Put a flag on a dirtbike, and you'll look like a d0rk oh my gosh!!!, why cant you say d0rk on this forum!!!!!!.

#9: ATV racing coverage and popularity will be exploding in 2004 and 2005 (due to the new participation by the major manufacturers).

#10: ATV guys get all the (best) ladies....
I will give you #6 and #7 The rest are shaky. Just try and imagine the roost, my paddle tired, safety flag equiped, CR 500 would throw at you on your blaster.

Quick Reply: atv's vs dirtbikes