Stupid Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 12:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Thieves

There have been a few atv robberies in the general area. Here's how they got caught.

Short version-

First night, they try to take a quad out of a shed. They couldn't lift the quad over some stuff and then they were chased away by the owner.

Second night, they come back and take the quad.

Third night, they come back again to take more stuff. Instead, some waiting police take one of them away. The other guy ran away on a quad. The person that was caught turned him in later.

They took the stickers and a rack off the quad to change it's appearance.

I don't know the owner of the stolen quad. Just glad the thieves were caught.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:32 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stupid Thieves

Maybe they should've tried to steal a brain instead. If only they were all that stupid.................

Old 02-17-2005, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stupid Thieves

we should shoot people like that into the sun

Old 02-17-2005, 02:53 AM
Range Rover
Default Stupid Thieves

I used to work at our county jail. The dumbest thieves I met decided to rob a mom and pop store after a fresh snowfall. The thieves drove to the store on a snowmobile, robbed the owners and then drove the snowmobile back to their home. Oh yeah, all this took part in the city where riding snowmobiles is pretty darn infrequent. All the cops had to do was follow the snowmobile tracks and they had their guys.

Old 02-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Stupid Thieves

Originally posted by: Wayback40
I used to work at our county jail. The dumbest thieves I met decided to rob a mom and pop store after a fresh snowfall. The thieves drove to the store on a snowmobile, robbed the owners and then drove the snowmobile back to their home. Oh yeah, all this took part in the city where riding snowmobiles is pretty darn infrequent. All the cops had to do was follow the snowmobile tracks and they had their guys.
Recently a guy broke into a store to steal cigarettes. The police followed his tracks in the snow and caught him. He was also caught on video.

I think the atv thieves also took a snowmobile and a few more quads. If it's the same thieves. I've been waiting for the local news to be updated to find out more.

Old 02-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stupid Thieves

Wow they are dumb.
Least there caught. I hope the ower presses charges.

Hey if your ATV does get ripped off does insurrance give you blue book on it or the cost to replace it?
this got me thinking the other day. My Xplorer is in like new condition it would be very hard to find a replace for it in the same condion used.

I pray i never have to deal with ATV theft but yah never know these days.

Old 02-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Stupid Thieves

I chain up my quad like PeeWee Herman used to chain up his bike. Wait! PeeWee's bike was stolen in his one movie.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stupid Thieves

now those are some good thieves if we have to have any around [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

with the exception of a blown cv joint (went to dealer), my scrambler has yet to see shelter since i got it in june of 2004. it spends every night outside on my lawn, and i did the same exact thing with my kodiak. my neighborhood is pretty small, and we all know eachother. that and no one can walk onto our lawn without the dog letting us know. hes half blind, but he still has good hearing. my atv is the last thing im worried about being stolen here.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Stupid Thieves

I just etched the engine number and frame number at different locations on my quad. Now if someone takes it and sands down the original numbers. I'll be able to tell the police where to find more numbers. I've been meaning to do it for a while now. Now it's done.

Old 02-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stupid Thieves

Thats a good idea. I think i'll do the same.

Quick Reply: Stupid Thieves