exhaust guys, for trucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default exhaust guys, for trucks

Even if you add another converter and run true duels you are still tampering with the emisions system. Legally if a car or truck comes from the factory with single exhaust and there is no duel exhaust option you can't legally put on duels....Period!

I don't know of any cars or trucks made today that have a duel system as an option. Some Fords and Chevy police cars had duels as an option in the 90's so if you had a Crown vic or Caprice you could add duels legally.

Your not gonna find an aftermarket manufacturrer that offers a duel system for your truck. They could lose their license to manufacture or sell parts if they are caught. The stakes are too high for them to be breaking federal laws.

I highly doubt if you will find a muffler shop willing to lose their license and be fined $25,000 just to bend you up $400 worth of pipe.

You must face the fact in todays world adding duels is done and over with unless you happen to own 1974 or older car/truck.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u can get glass packs put on for 150 dollars at muffler man in davison mi. mine are just as loud as straights

Old 03-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is illegal to tamper with the cats but it can be done. I run gibson shorty headers on my excursion with no cats and run a single 4" exhaust with a gibson muffler that was for a diesel kit. You can buy a kit that will fool the computor into thinking the cats are still there (they have them for Fords but not sure about for Dodge). I'm running a whipple on the V10 also along with the hypertech tunner. So far after about 30,000 miles no trouble at all. The inspection stations around here don't check emissions either. When I had my mustang I had an offroad x pipe on it which did away with the cats also. You might check and see it they have one for your truck. Last thing. Sometimes you will loose hp if your exhaust doen't have enough back pressure. If your motor isn't very large in displacement or your not forceing more air in it may not need that much of a free flowing exhaust, a little back pressure will help sometimes.