Buttercup Dune Campers Attacked!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buttercup Dune Campers Attacked!

This really pisses me off! Do we have to start carrying guns around to protect ourselves in the Imperial Sand Dunes? The south dunes are one of my favorite places to go for the less hectic pace @ Glamis, this is a family area then something like this happens....

Attacked and Robbed on Sunday @ the ISDRA

I was talking to Border Patrol last time I was out @ Buttercup. They did tell me that if you go riding too deep into Mexico, be careful of bandits. Wow, but this story really surprises me though.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

The problem with our country though is even if your bein held up at gun point your better to just get robbed and let em get away than give em a taste of the ol 45. hell a guy would prolly goto jail for shootin the thievin bastards. WTF i dont go campin without a gun unless im with a big group and everyone else has em [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

I dont live anywhere near the border, and I carry a gun in my truck EVERYWHERE I go. The main reason is for instances like this, the other is beacuse I just love to shoot. I have been known to carry a side arm on my person while riding my quad and if I lived in that area, or areas that have had instances like this in the past, I would carry one every time. Now-a-days you never know when your life is going to be in jeapordy by some fool with a gun, wouldn't it be nice to know that you have the ability to fight back with even odds? I think so. It is sad, but you've got to do what you've got to do to stay alive, and if that involves me to have to carry a gun with me, so be it.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

yes, that is rather unfortunate, but stuff like this happens alot, stuff you just don't hear about tho.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I carry a gun at work everday. When I'm not wearing it, I'm always tugging on my hip. Hey, if you're already out in the desert, it ain't that hard to dig a hole for 'em.

Old 03-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

This issue of illegals causing trouble like this is happening way to often[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] It's not just a border issue either. They do have big troubles in AZ and Cali though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Trasher
This issue of illegals causing trouble like this is happening way to often[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] It's not just a border issue either. They do have big troubles in AZ and Cali though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Maybe a citizins Militia outta get organized and set up for target pratice along the borders [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

This is America......protect yourself!!!!! Robberies happen everywhere in the world...every minute. Being scared lets them win...

Old 03-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: Trasher
Maybe a citizins Militia outta get organized and set up for target pratice along the borders [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I'am all for this idea. Where do I sign up?

Old 03-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Go to Sierra Vista, Az and san diego. Go can join light up the border in SD and I forget the group in AZ but they are the ones using drones to stream live video to the border patrol

Quick Reply: Buttercup Dune Campers Attacked!