Tax Man Cometh II......2005

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tax Man Cometh II......2005

Well Peeps.....how did you do this year, I did a lot better then last year (paid about $2500). This year I will be getting back about $650......hmm....what could I spend this on....new exhaust? new a-arms/axle?....all of it sounds good but Im afraid the wife has "other" plans for the monies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]......oh well, I guess there is always next year....lol, yeah right.....so anyway, did anyone come out real good or did some of you get bent over by the IRS like I did last year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]...........

Old 04-16-2005, 12:06 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I never worry about what I do or dont get back at the end of the year. I worry about how much I pay total. You can set up yor withholdings to either pay at the end of the year or get money back. Bottom line is how much did you pay for how much you made. If you want more money at the end of the year just decrease your with holdings on your w4 or have extra taken out each paycheck. I actually prefer to pay at the end of the year. Makes me feel good to know I had that money all year instead of uncle sam holding it for me just to give me a refund of taxes over paid. Either way you still pay the same amount of taxes. I made a mistake some where in figuring the right withholding in the concern over losing my oldest son as a dependant. I'm getting back about $1500.00. I would have prefered to have a extra $125.00 each month. I am one one the few people I know who look at it this way.

Old 04-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

We opted to get money back again this year. I think we got 2500 refunded. I think this year I'am going to check into getting as much back as possialbe in my weekly check, and then see how much (if any) we get back. I was in the same situation with my wife. She had other plans for the money. Most of it went into savings, while some went into checking. I cant say I've used any of it on my own personal interests. I thought about taking the refund and investing it every year, and in a few years buy myself a new atv.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Would be nice, but I cant see that getting past the lil lady either.

Dirthead- he usually try and visit Alabama every year. We go to Orange Beach/Gulf Shores usually. Great times! Alabama is a beautiful state. We didn't go this year due to the hurricane that came through last year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hope you guys dont get another one of those for a long time. We really enjoyed the Battleship in the harbor. That was pretty neat. You know of any other cool places to visit?

Old 04-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

I.R.S. = Irwin R. Shyster![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I cnat complain about my taxes this year. I work construction so i get what you call alot of cash money that cant be traced. So thats a booo yaaaaa. The wifey gots a small J-O-B so this year we got back like $5,000 greenbacks. Thank goodness for Ernd income tax Cred. Thas worth like $2,500each kid right there. That makes one good reason to keep the kid around. To bad we were like $7,000 in hte hole at the time. But you know that didn't stop me I Still was able to invest like a grand in my bike maybe $1100. But thats how we do it down here. WE DO IT U-W-T STYLE(Urbin White Trash) its not just a sayin but a way of life. "My house note might be 2 month behind but I'll be damed if my bikes not faster!" HAHAHAHAHA J/J no not really cause I thats how I live. OH YEAH UWT BABY "GO BIG OR GO HOME" I know yall feel me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I coulda purchased two 450's with the money I sent to Uncle Sam this year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

They would have had pipes and paddles also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

The tax man came for me last month and left me $4800. He's welcome to come back next year as long as he bring the same amount or more.

Trending Topics

Old 04-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

All that means is that you are having too much taken out each paycheck. Please remember, The tax man ain't GIVING nothing. It's your money, he used iot, and giving what he needs to give back and nothing more. The government does not have money. It's all our money.

Old 04-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

Never said gave me money, he left me money. I've been paying income tax for the last 25 years and all I can tell you is it's not going away. We claim zero dependents through out the year and at filling time my kids get put on. It's about the only way we can break even because of our cmbined income. Next year we get luck because my wife just bought a bunch of new equipment thet we can right off and within the next few months I will be buying a new tractor that can be writen off.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, its by trial and error that you find that balance point between paying too much taxes and not paying enough......thats why it would be so nice to go to a flat tax for everyone or even just a consumption tax. God only asks for 10% tithe, why should the IRS ask for more or get any more.

MrDumass- Hope you and your family come back this year as a lot of the damage has been repaired and/or rebuilt. A lot of people dont even know that Alabama and NW Florida have some really nice beaches, especially when you get over to the Destin, FL area.....very beautiful white sandy beaches with clear turqouis water, the babes on the beach aren't to bad to look at either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Tax Man Cometh II......2005