MAX MAX MAX

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-1999, 01:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I was kidding about the amusement park thing. I just got fed up that one night when every thread I went to had a one line sentence urging people to get a Max. I thought it was funny, but annoying. I wondered if the guy felt left out or something, because there aren't a whole mess of Max owners here on the forum. In my own opinion, I think the max is suited for a different purpose than a four wheeler. I think four wheelers are more for just fun than work. Thats what tractors are for. Tell me that the atv is the primary choice for any type of labor and I'll laugh in your face. The max is great for duck hunting, but wouldn't be my choice for deer hunting, and definitely not trail riding. If I wanted to float, I'd buy a bass/ski boat. Mud riding is more fun I think if there is a possibility that you won't make it through. The risk of trying to make it gnaws at your nerves until your ego takes over and you bail in and get stuck. Then after you waste time pulling the quad out, you have this awesome war story to tell people about and reflect on years later. The manuverablility and roostertail effect of the quad makes it more fun to ride in mud as well. I figure the max will do better in the mud, but wouldn' be as much fun in it. For my needs, interests, and in my opinion, i think the Max just is dumb, but thats just me and my opinion shouldn't affect or anger anyone else. It doesn't hurt them any. A lot of people don't like the 49ers but I don't care now. A few don't like Arctic Cats either, but I haven't ever posted a two sentence plug encouraging everyone to trade in on one and all their problems will be answered. I could care less what anyone rides.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 07-28-1999, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer

Well said Andy...

------------------
Kevin JA Works of Georgia

1996 Yamaha Warrior

Old 07-29-1999, 03:17 PM
Trailblazer

I feel the same about it. It didn't effect me at all. Don't get me wrong, most posts in the forum do effect me, but this just doesn't. I like it, but wouldn't buy it.

------------------
*400EX* *LT250R* Evan Johnson Email: JaVa003@AoL.CoM

Old 02-23-2002, 12:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

good old maxRules!

Old 02-28-2002, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

test

Old 03-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

folks, i dont mean to burst any bubbles, but it is just an amphicat! my friend and i had one back in the 70's. they are alot of fun, and we have run it into lakes at 40 mph, but it is not all that on the trails. yes, it can go through anything pritty good, but not at any speed. also, the drivetrain on the one we had had sooo many chains driving it, it always needed repair, and i bet the new 6 wheel drive ones also need repair from all the belts, and or chains driving them. to make a long story short, they are as close to quads as hillery clinton is to miss america!

my pictures

Old 03-02-2002, 12:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

These and trikes were the things that the famous "pine lake" racetrack was made for(Ashtabula Oh.),the Fischers have these machines w/thousands of dollars in mods stored away,,and thats thousands of 1970 dollars [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I heard that the 6-wheelers did 70 back then. Of course there are only quad TT races on the track now,cept for the occasional after race "pro/rental car race",but up to 1998 there were NATVA races there, pilots and 6-wheelers showed up,they were fun!And the kids could race,no BS-crapola age rules

Old 03-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Trailblazer

I am in need of some advice. I have run across a "MaxII-600-T" for $2600.00 which includes the trailer. From what I understand it has low hours and was owned by an older guy that recently passed away. It looks to be in very good condition. havent looked at it too closely. The trailer is a 5x8 trailer with a mesh fold down ramp. sitting on 15" tires it is worth an estimated 500-700 dollars.

So what do you think????

PS: I own a SP500 HO 2002. This max would be a play toy. But maybe I would take it fishing in some great strip-pit ponds I know. Wouldn't have to walk the bank anymore. Just drive right in. I would mount a trolling motor to it.