Gas price woes...i know why...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005 | 02:11 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Gas price woes...i know why...

Originally posted by: maddog56
The other deposit is in Venezuala I believe, I guess I'll have to check on that one. Its actually the largest single deposit in the world from what I have read, but the tar is the problem. But compared to the middle east, Central/South America is much more politically stable and a safer environment for US interests.
Of course Venezuala isn't exactly really happy with us (on a political level). (Accusations we've tried, or are going to try, to off the President...then you get guys like Pat Robertson....)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-25-2005 | 02:12 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: weez440
i read an article a couple months back how many soldiers we have in each country and it was absolutely assinine how many we got in germany for instance. i can't remember the exact number but could look it up if anyone wants me to. and well get used to it there will be liberal deuschbag wherever you look.
Current Iraq deployment is about 160,000 troops, give or take based on movements in and out of country.

There's a push on to reduce the number of soldiers "Forward Deployed" (to Germany for example.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-25-2005 | 11:52 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Reserves are the portion of identified resources that can be economically extracted and exploited using current technology.

Resources include all fuels, both identified and unknown, and constitute the world’s endowment of fossil fuels.
Excuse me, what I meant was that if the US doesnt store any of the extracted oil. I simply used reserve as a synonym for storage, not as a reference to accessibility.
Wasn't my point. When they say Alaska has an estimated 9 billion barrels in reserves that is only what they can reasonably prove is there and is accessible. With limited exploration, resources could actually be 10x that much. Funny how reserves keep growing exponentially with time. And we've only touched the tip of the iceberg on offshore resources.

We won't run out of oil anytime soon. It'll just eventually become more expensive to extract.

Old 08-25-2005 | 12:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TecateKtx250lover
The reason gas prices are so high are because the following.....
1.WE having made a new refinery since 1972....that means that We have oil Sitting on our docks waiting to get refined but we have 30 somthin year old refineries and not enough of them.. why we cant build them 1 easy answer cause when we try to do somthing to help the economy like build a new refinery theres always that powerful voice saying it will hurt the enviornment and those people are called well i forgot the name of them so we will call them hippies...
2. we have enough oil in ALASKA ALONE for 50 years in the united states even with the rising population..but we cant drill there want to know why because the hippies say that it will disrupt the caraboo (elk kinda) mating season...since the oil pipe line has been built that goes thru alaska The caraboo have doubled in population...
3. china and india....both of these countrys pump out more than 25 million give or take a few million a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And now that these countrys are getting money they are buying cars, and cars take gas, well there country is now buying from the same place we buy from so we bid back and fowarth on each tanker of oil well they have lots of money over there so they bid big money and bush cant let us down and loose so every once and a while we get a tanker then they do and it relly dosent work out to well.....

What i say is go total marshall law on these hippies and just beat some sence into them. but that just my idea

No one worrie about oil shortages because the earth is not done making oil Old wells that your house used to get water out of well now we can get oil out of them but hippies wont let us dig any WHERE......and think the world is made of liek 70% water well under all that water IS OIL EVERY WHERE listin this will blow over It relly will it just takes time....hopefully!

Respond how you like this summary and go ahead and put your 2 cents in no one will make fun.

change that from 50 years to 500 years, and thats not a joke! damn tree hugers...

Old 08-25-2005 | 05:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Reserves are the portion of identified resources that can be economically extracted and exploited using current technology.

Resources include all fuels, both identified and unknown, and constitute the world’s endowment of fossil fuels.
Excuse me, what I meant was that if the US doesnt store any of the extracted oil. I simply used reserve as a synonym for storage, not as a reference to accessibility.
Wasn't my point. When they say Alaska has an estimated 9 billion barrels in reserves that is only what they can reasonably prove is there and is accessible. With limited exploration, resources could actually be 10x that much. Funny how reserves keep growing exponentially with time. And we've only touched the tip of the iceberg on offshore resources.

We won't run out of oil anytime soon. It'll just eventually become more expensive to extract.
It could just as easily be 1x as much, meaning no more oil than what we already think to be there. The 9 billion isnt guranteed either, its just what we assume to be there based upon surveys. So why is there any reason to believe that it will be 90 billion and not 9? Some estimates put it at 4 billion, so why not that? The truth is we really wont know until we drill, which is already being done. But unless you can give me a statistic that says that they typically find 10x the amount they think is there I see no reason to assume there is 90 billion barrels.

If by some blessed occurence ANWAR does have such a number of barrels, that would be 18 years worth assuming we kept up the rest of our domestic production at 2 billion barrels per year. Certainly not the 50 initially stated, and by no stretch of reason the 500 that fred thinks.

4wheelerfred, give me one concrete reason why you think that.

Old 08-25-2005 | 05:36 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

All I know is the reserve number continues to grow. Look at the history of it. When the trend reverses, then I'll start to panic.

But I'm not selling the v-8's just yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2005 | 05:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I would imagine that the reserve numbers continue to grow because of two reasons. One is that the oil companies are in constant search for new crude deposits and keep finding them. The second is that technology improves, increasing our yield of the fields we already have open and those to come. But at the same time our population grows, not just in the US but the world. More and more cars are being made and used around the world. More people means more homes and businesses, which means more rooms to heat. There are more campers, bbq'ers, and rural homes needing LP gas. The question is whether our reserves are growing as fast as our needs? And by ours I mean the world's, not the US'. And I honestly dont have an answer for that.

Old 08-25-2005 | 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cronos101
guys bush owns part of the oil companies. so what makes bush richer ,high priced gas. it has nothing to do with docks or anything like that. come on man do your home work this stuff. and it also keeps the hippies happie bush gets there vote and only **** drive electric cars oh he gets there vote to. bush is using this war as an excuse people are so caght by this jackass's lies that they dont see whats going on.
I think this guy is on the best track to the truth.

Old 08-25-2005 | 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

im glad u see my point fart man
fartman

Old 08-25-2005 | 09:07 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Oh yeah, we all know Bush became president to get rich because he was SO poor before he got there.

Ri-i-i-i-i ght.

Quick Reply: Gas price woes...i know why...