Hurricane!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005 | 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

Originally posted by: Bing
I don't know how or what to say,,,but the people of Katrina will be in my prayers for many days to come.

The conditions there are horrible,,,,,,,,I only wish i could do more.

My heart aches for them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I agree 100%

I know I sent some parts to a fellow member in McComb, MS and they still haven't arived. I looked it up on the net and he is only about 100miles from the coast (if that far). Hope hes not treading water right now...

The pics and news that I have seen of the area is unreal I couldn't imagine having to be IN it.

I know we are starting to feel the effects with the gas today. ($3.09 a gallon) Talking about shortages and all that kind of thing, but when you see people with their houses destroyed or flooded it makes you realize that 3.09 a gallon isn't that bad... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I wish all that has been in the path of this storm the best!

-Mike

Old 08-31-2005 | 09:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

gas prices went up 60 cents overnight. we went to bed at 2.45 and woke up and it was 3.05!

Old 08-31-2005 | 10:22 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Hurricane!!!

We're only up 20 cents since the weekend. Cheap stations are about $2.839 (ARCO, some independants, Vons/Safeway, Costco) with the high end being Chevron, 76/BP and Shell at $3.059. Local Cheveron by my house was selling diesel at $3.699 ($3.059 for 87...so it's a high dollar station). Shell across the street is holding on to $2.999.

Local Gas price site shows gas up to $2.922 today vs. 2.838 yesterday.

Tis going to be interesting to see what happens. Roumers are $3.50-$4.00/gallon. At those prices, the quad is staying in the garage. Should make the environmentalists happy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-31-2005 | 11:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

The Raptorman, Your right fuel cost is the least important factory at this time.

Several of our members live directly in the path of this storm. They havent been heard from since before Katrina hit.

Scholle, Top Secret Racing, Ward660r all live in this area. Other members such as Choose2lose and Sandbomber have family members in the area that havent been heard from.

Best thing we can all do is send Prayers and Money to help out.

Old 08-31-2005 | 11:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Tis going to be interesting to see what happens. Roumers are $3.50-$4.00/gallon. At those prices, the quad is staying in the garage. Should make the environmentalists happy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
yea, and thats not what we want.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol

Old 09-01-2005 | 01:49 AM
Trailblazer
Default Hurricane!!!

I have to agree with 1BigDS, right now gas should be the last of your worries, I work offshore and out of the 90 people that didn't get evacuated off the rig over 20 lost houses, and 42 of us lost our vehicles. That is selfish to be worrying how much you are going to have to pay for gas.

Old 09-01-2005 | 02:06 AM
|
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Hurricane!!!

i agree

this thread isn't about gas,,,,,its about destroyed lives

I just want to know where the navy hospital ships are that were in Thailand.

We need to get those folks out of there and shacked up with friends, relatives or good samaritans.

Check out the Craigslist New Orleans website,,,,,pretty interesting.

We need to dock about 40 cruise ships along the coast and get these people some durn help.

Old 09-01-2005 | 02:16 AM
|
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Hurricane!!!

here

Old 09-01-2005 | 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Default Hurricane!!!

Houses flooded up to the second floor, debris and polluted water everywhere, with no where to go, since they are below sea level, this will all have to be pumped and moved out of the way, reports say it could be years before things are back to normal for these people. I can't even imagine what lies ahead for these people, seeing every single thing in their lives torn away in a single day, makes a guy wish he could just take a year off to try and put some of this back in order,there is just so much that needs to be taken care of. I know from now on, I'll think a lot harder before I complain about some cold weather, high bills, or other relatively meaningless things from now on. God help them all.

Old 09-01-2005 | 10:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
The Raptorman, Your right fuel cost is the least important factory at this time.

Several of our members live directly in the path of this storm. They havent been heard from since before Katrina hit.

Scholle, Top Secret Racing, Ward660r all live in this area. Other members such as Choose2lose and Sandbomber have family members in the area that havent been heard from.

Best thing we can all do is send Prayers and Money to help out.
How bad did you get hit? J/W.

Quick Reply: Hurricane!!!