Hurricane!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005 | 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

I agree, its nice to see the rest of the world wanting to pitch in and help.....I just hope they are doing it for humanitarian reasons and not to just later throws this up in our (US) face that the strongest country in the world could not take care of it self.

I want to see 2 other groups step up to the plate and make a difference, that would be all celeberties (movie stars, jocks, rockers/rappers) and all "big business" (fortune 500 companies). I have heard of some specific celeberties giving but not very many have come forward it seems, if your a "movie star" and are making $10-20 Million a movie then they need to get that check book out and right a nice size check, same with these multi-billion dollar mega companies.....if Microsoft is not giving several million $s then Bill Gates needs to be slapped, same goes for Wal-Mart, etc, etc...

Old 09-04-2005 | 03:54 PM
|
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Hurricane!!!

Originally posted by: dirthead

I want to see 2 other groups step up to the plate and make a difference, that would be all celeberties (movie stars, jocks, rockers/rappers) and all "big business" (fortune 500 companies). I have heard of some specific celeberties giving but not very many have come forward it seems, if your a "movie star" and are making $10-20 Million a movie then they need to get that check book out and right a nice size check, same with these multi-billion dollar mega companies.....if Microsoft is not giving several million $s then Bill Gates needs to be slapped, same goes for Wal-Mart, etc, etc...

a lot of that has already happened

Old 09-04-2005 | 06:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

I know there are some companies that stepped up pretty quick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Walmart initially sent $1 million each to the Red Cross and Salvation Army.......
They then stepped it up to $17 million dollars I believe......WOW, as much crap as Walmart get, great for them....

Old 09-04-2005 | 07:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

I by far do not like some of the things that Walmart does as a business, both to employees and suppliers.
But, I applaud them for stepping up to the plate big time in the national crisis.
I hope, and am sure, that other big business's step up equally, or even better.

Here's a sample of what Walmart has done so far.....

Old 09-04-2005 | 10:20 PM
    Pro Rider
    Default Hurricane!!!

Kudos to Wally World! Hope others follow their example, its good to see companies give back to the community and not with just a token donation but one that will make a difference.

Old 09-07-2005 | 08:46 PM
    Pro Rider
    Default Hurricane!!!

this is eating away at me. i dont have much, but what i do have is a room. my son is away at collage, so if anyone knows of a couple, maybe with a child or 2, that needs a place to stay, my family will welcome them in. we have basic comforts, and dont live in a large house. but, it is a roof, and as long as they are respectable, we will also be so. i can put them to work with me, and try to get them some money to help them start over. the work is hard, but if there capibable, it will be there. if they need help making it to me, i could possibly work something out. the school district here is the best out there for the kids. there is cloths, and pleanty of food. if anyone knows of anyone needing this, from loosing everything, email me.
    ronaldscorpio@msn.com
    its all i can do, but i,ll do it the best i can.

Old 09-15-2005 | 01:12 AM
    Trailblazer
    Default Hurricane!!!

howdy yall

well i live bout 90 miles north of n.o. we just got power back last night. a little wind damage to the house but all is well. i gotta say that some of the offers and the thangs yall said really touched me, and i would like to thank all of u for your prayers and support. oh well thats about it, yall take care.

later

Old 09-15-2005 | 03:49 AM
    Extreme Pro Rider
    Default Hurricane!!!

I'm still thinking about all those folks down there, just amazing.......

We were suppose to get a few hundred folks up here for a while, but most of htem decided that Washington State was to far from "home".
    I was looking forward to talking to some of them. They wanted Firefighter from here to help triage them before taking off the plane. To help decide if they go to the hospital, a shelter, or temporary housing. But, they didn't need us, darn. That would have been great to help them out. I ws also looking forward to taking some of them out on day trips to show them this area. Hopefully we'll get to do that.

All of you down that way, take care, and you know everybody is thinking of you guys....

Good Luck