Please read, young kids especially!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005 | 11:11 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Please read, young kids especially!

Most readers above 30 will know the loss of family. I lost my last grandparent (grandfather) just a couple of days ago, he was 81.

There are a lot of young readers below 20 that frequent these forums a lot. All I can say to you is take time to spend with your family whenever you can. Take a minute to call them if they live far away, or write them a letter. Even if you happen to have some that seem grouchy or rude, you are still here because of them. Once they are gone then they are gone. Take the time now to make good memories and tell them you love them. It means a lot and after they're gone you will feel much better about doing so.

I will miss you papa, Bubba

Old 08-29-2005 | 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, ive never met any of my grandfathers and 1 of my grandmas has pased away on easter 2-3 years ago.that was a horrable morning.its just i never spent much time with her, and just now im learning how wonderful of a woman she was.

Old 08-29-2005 | 12:12 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I've been lucky I guess in that I've only lost one person that I really knew (aunt, mom's sister.) Maternal Grandfather passed away almost 2 years before I was born. My Paternal Grandfather I got to meet once. Lived back in MO, and we live in CA. Both Grannies are still alive and kicking (one is too honery to pass I think.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-29-2005 | 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Very well said there Bubba!!!!

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Though I can honestly emphasize with you its sadly true for many of us that we truely can not appreciate what we have or had until it is lost.

I remember a simpler time when the only family members who were deceased were those who I had not met or was too young to remember, and then suddenly within a few short years many of the older and even some younger ones passed away. Losing someone you care for can be a seriously emotional experience, but when your hit with the reality over and again over a short period it is really sobering.

Best I can think to add is that taking Bubbas advice to making the time for people while there still here is not only a good idea, but also something that could save you a lot of "wish I could have's" later.

If only life was less complicated.......

Old 08-29-2005 | 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Yup very well said

Old 08-29-2005 | 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry for your loss, i spend as much time as i can with my grandparents. I lost my father back in January and you can't get the time back when they are gone. You have to make it count while they are still here!

Old 08-29-2005 | 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to here about your loss. I agree that you should spend as much time as possible talking with or visiting loved ones. I lost all my grandparents many years ago and lost my dad 10 years ago. Once they are gone all you have is the memories and you want as many as possible.
Sorry again for your loss,
Louie

Old 08-30-2005 | 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bubba297
Most readers above 30 will know the loss of family. I lost my last grandparent (grandfather) just a couple of days ago, he was 81.

There are a lot of young readers below 20 that frequent these forums a lot. All I can say to you is take time to spend with your family whenever you can. Take a minute to call them if they live far away, or write them a letter. Even if you happen to have some that seem grouchy or rude, you are still here because of them. Once they are gone then they are gone. Take the time now to make good memories and tell them you love them. It means a lot and after they're gone you will feel much better about doing so.

I will miss you papa, Bubba
man, that sux. must be hard to loose some1 close to u. i am very very lucky and have never had any1 in my family pass away yet and im 14. im very close with my whole family and the only person in my family that i dont see a lot is my grandma who lives in poland at the moment. i still visit her every year though. the rest of my family i see every day or every other day. i dont kno wat i would do if i lost a family member.

Old 08-30-2005 | 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

yup, i agree, very well said, and i am sorry for your loss. I have lost 3 of my 4 grand parents. The other one is 85 and lives in holland. I didnt know one of my grand parents, i wasnt even alive when he died. He died when he was 60. My other grand parent died last october, and the other died 8 years ago. Once they leave here they are never coming back, so spend as much time with them as you can, because you wont miss them until they are gone.

Old 08-31-2005 | 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

I to will say sorry for your Loss. I lost my dad About 12 years ago. While the Death of a Loved one is a Painfull thing to go Threw. I personaly Would Rather hear of someone That is Old and has Lived a good long life dying Than someone in there Prime. R.I.P Papa[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]