The NFL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's Go Raiders!

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Just don't see the Rams making it to the playoffs this year.
Hey, I don't make it a secret: I'm a Rams fan. I have followed this team's every offseason move from the last day of the 2004 season up until now. Yes I know, it was by the skin of their teeth and then some, but this team made the playoffs last year barely .500 and they have done nothing but improve in the offseason. The offense will be even MORE potent and the defense, while certainly not where it oughta be, is definitely better with Claiborne and Coakley at linebacker and Arch healthy. Yeah, Jerametrius Butler is done for the season, but I think DeJuan Groce has the ability to be a good cover corner for us. Steven Jackson is going to have a monstrous year if he is healthy for the better part of it and you know what Torry and Ike are going to do, along with Kevin Curtis. Except for about 3 or 4 games, St. Louis has a weak schedule this year. Yeah, I'm a die-hard Rams fan, but seriously, the Rams WILL be in the playoffs and they WILL go deeper than they did last year. I think they should be considered the NFC sleeper team, just like the Chargers of last year in the AFC. You will be seeing the blue and gold in the postseason, believe me.

Old 09-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

raiders are one of the better teams out there, they aren't showin it tho,,, i've been a huge fan for years... they won 4 super bowls or more in a row back in the day

Old 09-10-2005, 01:01 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: extremerider2811
raiders are one of the better teams out there, they aren't showin it tho,,, i've been a huge fan for years... they won 4 super bowls or more in a row back in the day
Raiders??? I thought it was against the law to be from Wisconsin and not be a Packers fan. Do you have to secretly root for them for fear of the wrath the whole state will bring down on you.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

but I thought if the pats won this year it would be the only team to win 3 consecutive super bowls.....mehh could be wrong

Old 09-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
Raiders??? I thought it was against the law to be from Wisconsin and not be a Packers fan. Do you have to secretly root for them for fear of the wrath the whole state will bring down on you.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
haha, thats funny. bret favre is gunna come to his house and beat the crap outa him for saying that.

anyways..... back to the topic. some1 mentioned that they miss gannon...... i agree with that one. i think if the raiders still had him the team might be a bit better than they are now with collins. collins is good...... ocassionally.

Old 09-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

i like different teams for different reasons...... packers i go to alot of games not like i wear raiders colors when they are playing the bears or something LMAO!!!! i like both teams

Old 09-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

thats like me, i like the giants and the eagles. kinda messed up but it works for me.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:41 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Just don't see the Rams making it to the playoffs this year.
Hey, I don't make it a secret: I'm a Rams fan. I have followed this team's every offseason move from the last day of the 2004 season up until now. Yes I know, it was by the skin of their teeth and then some, but this team made the playoffs last year barely .500 and they have done nothing but improve in the offseason. The offense will be even MORE potent and the defense, while certainly not where it oughta be, is definitely better with Claiborne and Coakley at linebacker and Arch healthy. Yeah, Jerametrius Butler is done for the season, but I think DeJuan Groce has the ability to be a good cover corner for us. Steven Jackson is going to have a monstrous year if he is healthy for the better part of it and you know what Torry and Ike are going to do, along with Kevin Curtis. Except for about 3 or 4 games, St. Louis has a weak schedule this year. Yeah, I'm a die-hard Rams fan, but seriously, the Rams WILL be in the playoffs and they WILL go deeper than they did last year. I think they should be considered the NFC sleeper team, just like the Chargers of last year in the AFC. You will be seeing the blue and gold in the postseason, believe me.

Wanna get away? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Fluke. And had Bruce not bobbled the ball/ Bulger slightly underthrew it......I think we know how the outcome of that game would have been. No excuse though. The defense was stellar and the offense will get in a groove sooner than later. Special teams definitely still need tweaking. They'll be back in it soon, believe me. I stand by what I said 100%.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:04 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Im not a huge foot ball fan, but I dont think the raiders have even won back to back superbowls let alone 4 in a row.

Quick Reply: The NFL Thread