Very Disapointed (PRO freestyle riders)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005 | 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Very Disapointed (PRO freestyle riders)

ive thought bout this and have decided that they should be able to have a myspace and curse however and wherever and whenever they want kuz they rule the world now just like paris hilton's rat... i mean dog.

Old 10-27-2005 | 12:32 AM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Webopper
Dude, I understand your disappointment, in a way. You had an expectation of how these people should conduct themselves and they didn't meet that expectation. It's unfortunate, but it is a large part of what is wrong with out society today. The people that we tend to look at as role models and idols are really just regular people with regular people lives and problems. Maybe a question you should ask yourself is why do you expect them to be or act a certain way? Because they're in the public eye? Because they ride quads good, or play basketball, or sing, or are in movies? Is it fair to say to them, "Hey, this dude is a fan, but he doesn't like you cussing or discussing your affairs of the internet, you need to stop doing those things". I don't think that would be fair to them...

If you're going to admire someone for their skills or talents, admire their skills and talents. If you're looking for role models, look to your parents, or the people that teach you the life lessons that make you the good person you are.
I agree with and understand you 100%. I still really admire their talent. I dont hate them at all. I'm just disapointed. I've always heard good remarks about these people and how they are the nicest people you could ever meet and maybe they are... but I think their "myspace" sites really degrade their "image" as human beings. It brings things into perspective. Why put that all personal information out to the public at all. Sure they all have social lives just like regular people and shouldnt be forced to live their lives behind closed doors. They are entitled to the same rights as everyone else. I agree it would not be fair to tell them what to do. Everyone has their right to free speech and expression. Its the responsibilities to society that come with fame that your don't see many famous people carrying out.

motox26- I see your point too. But what is defined as a bad " personal habit" today? Seems like more and more extremes are being accepted today. I don't think many famous people realize the effect they have on people that look up to them... and if they do... do they care... or do they not think they are doing anything wrong. Thats what it all keeps boiling down to. What is right and what is wrong. That has certainly changed over the years. Even in the last decade.

they are just like any other person. take a look at any other persons myspace and ull see grls commenting "ilu, and i wanna bang u" and all that good stuff on there. they are just meeting new people and talkin and havin fun. just kuz they are pro's doesnt mean they cant talk to any1 or have a normal lifestyle like any1 else.
Normal... I guess it depends on everyones perception of what "normal" is... hmm... I guess thats normal now...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Just to clear things up a little bit.... I am not trying to condemn them (or ANYONE else who may have similar beliefs or anyone who doesnt find what they are doing wrong) or tell them what to do or point out what they are doing wrong.... I'm just stating that I was disappointed after hearing a lot about them and seeing their talent and becoming stunned with awe after Huevos 7 then viewing their "myspace's" and realizing yeah, they really are very "normal" people just like the people I see everyday and go to school with. Now I know their is a very big group of people on the forums with a big range of moral values. We all have our beliefs in whats right/ wrong. I happen to be one of the kids that doesnt believe in cussing, premarital sex, drinking, etc. Whether there be many more like me or none at all.

Old 10-27-2005 | 12:38 AM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Grizzman42
ive thought bout this and have decided that they should be able to have a myspace and curse however and wherever and whenever they want kuz they rule the world now just like paris hilton's rat... i mean dog.
lol, the way you said that sounds like you have some supreme control over them and have decided their fate.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
The fact is that they ARE allowed do whatever they want. They DO have the same freedoms as EVERYONE else. And Paris... errrr... I dont even want to go there. Quite possibly the biggest spoiled brat in the U.S. She may have her looks and her money, but that ALL shes got. Just like tons of other celbs..... oh wait wait.... I forgot, she doesn't just have looks and money, she has the stupid dog too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2005 | 03:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If you're going to admire someone for their skills or talents, admire their skills and talents. If you're looking for role models, look to your parents, or the people that teach you the life lessons that make you the good person you are.
Couldn't have said it better myself...

I'm just disapointed. I've always heard good remarks about how they are the nicest people you could ever meet...
Yes, they are very nice guys.

Old 10-27-2005 | 08:04 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ
We all have our beliefs in whats right/ wrong. I happen to be one of the kids that doesnt believe in cussing, premarital sex, drinking, etc. Whether there be many more like me or none at all.
strongtyerYFZ, It is encouraging to me that there are still kids out there who know there is actually a difference between right and wrong. It wont be easy to keep those beliefs thru your life, but your off to a great start.

Old 10-27-2005 | 05:06 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptorchick
Couldn't have said it better myself...

I'm just disapointed. I've always heard good remarks about how they are the nicest people you could ever meet...
Yes, they are very nice guys.
RC, don't you know them personally? I've seen you on Akraix before I do believe. Do you just know them from there?

I don't think I ever viewed any of them as "role models." Like said before, I still do really admire their talents.

Old 10-27-2005 | 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Grizzman42
lol, the way you said that sounds like you have some supreme control over them and have decided their fate.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
The fact is that they ARE allowed do whatever they want. They DO have the same freedoms as EVERYONE else. And Paris... errrr... I dont even want to go there. Quite possibly the biggest spoiled brat in the U.S. She may have her looks and her money, but that ALL shes got. Just like tons of other celbs..... oh wait wait.... I forgot, she doesn't just have looks and money, she has the stupid dog too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
yes my man, i am the ruler of all celebs. i controll them and tell them wat to do. thats y lindsay lohans ***** grew 5 sizes in the past week. lol. how old are u by the way?

Old 10-27-2005 | 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry, im at my friends house using his computer and his ATVC screen name. This is really StrongTyerYFZ.

Im 17. 18 in June

Old 10-28-2005 | 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: beniful
sorry, im at my friends house using his computer and his ATVC screen name. This is really StrongTyerYFZ.

Im 17. 18 in June
dude, how could u be almost 18 and not be perverted, lol. thats pretty impossible. have u ever done anything with a girl?....... or guy? w.e ur into. seems kinda weird that an 18 year old can be that mature, lol. r u really religious or sumthin? im not sayin all this as a bad thing that ur not a pervert.... its great, but i dont believe it yet, lol.

Old 10-28-2005 | 09:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

RC, don't you know them personally? I've seen you on Akraix before I do believe. Do you just know them from there?
Yes, I know them. They are very nice guys, but like any guys in their early 20's, they like to party and have fun.

Quick Reply: Very Disapointed (PRO freestyle riders)