Snow=Cold

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow=Cold

Originally posted by: 420rappy
if you knew that ?????????all the hell with it i won't even bother to understand that.
whaaaaaaaa??

Old 11-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Snow=Cold

o yeaaaaaaaa, snowmobile pants.... of course, haha. i never thought of that kuz i have tons of skiing stuff that i use. yea fiddling, listen to them and get sum snowmobiling stuff kuz that stuff is made for riding fast in snow.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Snow=Cold

I've been riding snowmobiles for years and I can tell you that there is a reason why the good clothing is so expensive - it works! I ride in Canada where its gets 20 to 40 below zero and the good gear literally saves your life. You probably don't need the best stuff for riding your quad, but here are some tips.

Layers - the more you layer, the more protection you have from the wind as each layer blocks a little more.

Gauntlets - these are like big socks on your handlebars that you slide your hands into (with gloves on). These protect your hands from the wind and let your gloves do the work of keeping in the heat.

Full face snowmobile helmet - you need full face to block the wind. Also, snowmobile helmets are insulated for warmth and have a double shield and special venting so they don't fog up in cold temps.

And of course wind proof snow pants.

I can't wait to try the new quad out in the snow....

Old 11-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Snow=Cold

Originally posted by: skidoog
I've been riding snowmobiles for years and I can tell you that there is a reason why the good clothing is so expensive - it works! I ride in Canada where its gets 20 to 40 below zero and the good gear literally saves your life. You probably don't need the best stuff for riding your quad, but here are some tips.

Layers - the more you layer, the more protection you have from the wind as each layer blocks a little more.

Gauntlets - these are like big socks on your handlebars that you slide your hands into (with gloves on). These protect your hands from the wind and let your gloves do the work of keeping in the heat.

Full face snowmobile helmet - you need full face to block the wind. Also, snowmobile helmets are insulated for warmth and have a double shield and special venting so they don't fog up in cold temps.

And of course wind proof snow pants.

I can't wait to try the new quad out in the snow....
Do those Gauntlets still give you enough room to shift on a manual clutch? Where could I get one of those?

Old 11-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Snow=Cold

Yes, the guantlets have a lot of room in them for brake and clutch levers. You can get them anywhere that sells snowmobile gear. Probably the same place you buy your quad stuff.

Have a great time riding and stay warm.

skidoog