haloween in barre MA.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-1999, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was anybody at the halloween ride in Barre Mass. I was and what a mess. What the heck happened??

Old 11-02-1999, 08:10 AM
Range Rover

bansheeatv; Who put the ride on? Was it NEATV? Why do you say it was a mess? I didnt go to it but then again I just heard about it sunday afternoon. I took a look at your profile.. Your from Ellington..... I am about 10 minutes from you in Enfield. Where do you ride in CT or do you just ride in Ma? We should get together sometime and ride.

walter

Old 11-02-1999, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Walt: This ride was NOT a NEATVA event. NEATVA advertised the event, but that's the extent of NEATVA's involvement. The event was organized by Higgins Powersports in Barre, MA.

bansheeatv: Please describe what happened! I wanted to go on this ride, but had a conflict.

-BruceR
'99 400EX
'95 300EX

Old 11-03-1999, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bruce and Walt,

This year was the second year I have gone to the halloween ride. Last year my wife and I went. This year my brother and I went.

I ride a Yamaha Banshee, my wife rides a Honda Recon, and my brother ride a KDX220 dirt bike.

This years ride was a little more interesting than last years. There was more people than last year about 175 quads. Most of the people were drinking and smoking. When we left, we got lost there was a big quad traffic jam. About half way into the ride we stopped at a big party, more drinking and smoking. My brother and I fueled up, but everyone else was to busy parting. About 50 quads left the party, we followed, and got lost. It took a group of about 10 of us to get back to where we parked. After we loaded up and were ready to leave about 30 cops showed up. All vehicles were searched by drug dogs, and one of the officers was hit by a quad. A lot of people ended up with DWI and arrested for pocession of pot.

I am a member of NEATVA, but I have not had a chance to go on any of the rides yet. I am interested in getting together with either of you if you want to ride. Are either of you members of NEATVA?

Dave

Old 11-04-1999, 11:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dave,

I've been a member of NEATVA for about 4 years. This past season, I've attended about half the NEATVA trail rides, and all but one of the NEATVA MX race series. I'm not going to the ride in Tolland this Sunday, but on Sunday 11/21, I will be at October Mtn State Forest for a couple hours of easy trail maintenance and riding the rest of the day (and NEATVA's doing a turkey run, giving away turkeys).

Actually, this Sunday I'm planning on riding at some sand pits in Clinton, MA. Email me if you're interested.

Thanx for the description of the Halloween ride. Wish I could've gone, but sorta glad I didn't.

The Worcester Telegram & Gazette had an article about the Halloween ride. I sent the link to you in email, but here it is again: http://www.telegram.com/news/west/notreat.html

-BruceR

[This message has been edited by brucer (edited 11-04-1999).]