A lot of anti-quad sentiment out there!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A lot of anti-quad sentiment out there!

Oh yeah, a lot of dirtbikers do not like quads, especially on thumpertalk. It is great site, but most are biased towards 4-stroke 2 wheelers.

But really there is a good reason that a lot of dirtbikers don't like quads. There is a lot more idiots on quads and I agree. Especially at a track, you either have hot rods doing donuts in the parking lot, or quad riders on the track that about run you over and don't know proper track edicate, like HOLD YOUR LINE. They will swerve all over the place and try and race you. And every hot rod idiot thinks they are pro on a quad, because it is generally easier for a newb to go faster on 4 wheels than 2.

So, in a way I agree with some of them on the dirtbike forums, but they take it way to far and think it is the quad's fault. It's the fault of the riders that make the 4 wheel sport look bad, not the quads.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:49 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: maddog56
Hmm, intriguing. Would someone care to point me in the direction of such a thread? A search turned up nothing I felt relevant.
Here

Its 8 pages now and is growing quite quickly for the environmental issues forum.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didnt have that section on my board, so I couldn't see hide nor hair of it. Thanks.

I'm curious to hear what they say, having grown up on bikes and switching to atvs later in life I've had experience on both sides and certainly seen it change over the years. I think there is also something to be inferred about the lack of official atv race classes and events compared to that of motorcycles.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:32 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Didnt have that section on my board, so I couldn't see hide nor hair of it. Thanks.

I'm curious to hear what they say, having grown up on bikes and switching to atvs later in life I've had experience on both sides and certainly seen it change over the years. I think there is also something to be inferred about the lack of official atv race classes and events compared to that of motorcycles.
If you want to read everything here and on ThumperTalk, I hope youve got some time on your hands. Its a long read.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

If you want to read everything here and on ThumperTalk, I hope youve got some time on your hands. Its a long read.
So true[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] about 3.5 hours for me. I need a life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Actually, I am interested in those issues. After reading those threads, California doesn't seem all that bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Scary........

Old 12-31-2005, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

I hate dirt bikes....sick of the noise...but I can relate to what their issues are. I'm sure they have a lot more fun passing each other on a trail...but if a quad is in their way they're stuck behind us. I'd venture to say thry're a lot more manueverable than we are too...and some of these kids are really great riders so I guess they figure we're cramping their style (and God only knows how much that generation is into "style"). I'm sure some of the posts are just the result of the younger generation spending more time on the internet and in chat rooms etc while they're listening to their ipods, playing video games, yakking on their cell phones etc etc etc...

Old 01-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess I can see both sides. I've run into some quad riders that I thought were really jerks (and the same goes for dirt bike riders), but most of the dirt bike riders I have run into I think have judged me by my behavior and not lumped me into a group.

You know what I mean... when I get a faster dirt bike rider behind me, I pull off as soon as I can and let the group go by. They are usually "Thanks, and have a fun ride".

I've seen other folks on quads cut people off, act like a slow rolling road block on the trail, and go spin up clouds of dust through the campground areas. Those riders probably get a cold reception by dirt bike riders (and probably most everyone else).

From my perspective, I think it is important to remember all the enviro-weenies who would like to see no areas where off road vehicles are allowed, and that us, dirt bikers, and off road jeep types would do better if we all supported each other.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

I ride both dirtbikes and quads, i love both of them equally. I also notice that a lot of dirt bike riders are anti-quad. I really dont get it. I disagree with motox26, he might be right about quad riders not holding their line, but here in CA there are such few tracks that allow both quads and dirt bikes to ride it at the same time (i dont know of any actually) I cant see how most dirt bike riders here in CA would base their opinion off that.

neversunk-why would you hate dirt bikes, where i go they make the least noise and the whole reason there are complaints for noise is because of quads.

I really enjoy dirt bikes, they open up a totally new horizon of fun and are a thrill. People seem to like to spend more time bitching about how one thing isnt as good as the other or how they hate one thing for something that isnt even true. I say we all just shut up and ride, because whether dirt bike riders like ATV riders or not they are both fun.

Old 01-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A few things I have noticed over the years... Dirtbikers are more likely to look down on quad riders because it takes less skill to ride a quad. I agree too that if you run into a slow moving group on the trail, it almost always consists of quads. Sometimes enough quads that the leader never sees you to let you by. Also, whether we are talking track or trail, quads and bikes like things like corners set up a bit different. Probably the biggest complaint I have heard though, is the difference in how each type of machine wears the track or trail. DB's hate our bigger, double ruts, and the mud holes that inevitably "get made." Personally, I like both rides and could care less who rides what. Ironically enough, there is a privately owned riding spot about an hour away from me where the town won't allow dirtbikes due to "loud noise" and a few jerks that felt it was necessary to ride wheelies up and down the road and such(at least that is what I have heard second hand) We all have to deal with the same prejudices from the non-riding community, so we really all need to get along and work together.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

, so we really all need to get along and work together.
Exactly.