First responders, Police, Fire, EMT respond here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First responders, Police, Fire, EMT respond here.

It seems to me there are a lot of first responders in the forums. Here we can all get together and talk about the fun stuff. I am a Deputy Sheriff in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I work in the jail and did for a few years on the road.

Old 05-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Quad Patrol

Yes, there are a few of us here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I've recently retired after 18 years with the sheriff's office. Did 3 years in our jails and 15 years out on patrol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Few of those years included working our reservoirs and off road parks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

I was a police officer for three years in a busy department. A couple of years ago, I left after getting an advanced degree and a new job.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

The main reason I started this thread is to illustrate that there are quite a few LEO's and other emergency services who ride and love the outdoors. We are not all overzealous pr!cks that live to write tickets and cause heartache. We are here to enforce the laws made by the people who are elected by the public. We are also here to keep people safe and help them. We are public servants. We are here to help keep you and your families safe and your property secure.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Trailblazer

I'm a shift sergeant, 5 years on patrol, 2 years dispatch.

Old 05-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

Before I joined the Air Force I was in the Fire dept, worked on an ambulance and was on the search and rescue team with the sheriff's dept.
Now I'm a First responder with the volunteer fire dept in our town.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

You know, come to think about it I think that I am a pr$ck who just likes harrassing people.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just kidding. I have been a Police Officer for 8 yrs. I am a detective that heads up a GTA unit. Prior to that I worked narcotics for years. I have been riding since I was 6 and did a little professional racing in North Carolina on the trail circuit, a long time ago. Now I ride to watch over my kids and make sure that they aren't repeating my past actions.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: DONECRASHED
You know, come to think about it I think that I am a pr$ck who just likes harrassing people.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL! We would never do anything like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It's amazing how we can easily be portrayed that way, when all we are doing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] is our job.

We can only hope our kids don't do half the things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] we did growing up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

i wanna ask you guys a serious question and let me get a serious answer!

ok.

here in NY we have to be registured to ride on our own property, NY state doesnt supply us with anyware to ride, if i am riding on private land (at own risk) and this isnt just me over 100 ppl go here every weekend, and the cops are patrolling the area on atvs and give someone a ticket for being on private land, how wrong is that, i mean you pay the regi fee (many donT) and have no place to ride, i dont even want to registure mine anymore because of this reason.... doesnt it seem kinda unfair to give me or someone a ticket for being in a place they are allowed to be? the plate gives me nothing i cant ride on the roads....and i cant push it on the roads....so what good is it? other then a money making scam.

if you were a cop, as many of you are who ride yourself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ! would you give someone a ticket for riding on private land (that is open to the public, and you are allowed to go to) for not having regi / insurance? the cops are on artic cats, and the only way to leave the place is through a whooped out section that me and friends on yfzs, 450rs and my race bike can absolutely fly over, i dont really condone running, but to me its unfair to get ticketed.....we arent bothering anyone thats the thing, were staying outta trouble, and not littering or anything, just having fun....so would you guys bother someone not doing anything? or would you leave a group of frendly guys, and there families alone?

v581

Old 06-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

As I am not a LEO in NY, I can't speak on it. Now, if it was here in Wyoming, No, I would not issue a citation for riding on private land unless the land owner called and complained, or the riders did not have permission to be there, then it would be a trespassing ticket.

Quick Reply: First responders, Police, Fire, EMT respond here.