"Girls Riding ATVs?"

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2000, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All three of my sisters ride atv's.My oldest sister started out on a atc 70 and used to have her own 250x before she moved out.My middle sister had a badger and she could ride ok mainly on our subdivision roads she didn't like steep hills.MY little sister rides our 300ex all the time she is getting better and I taught her how to take off and shift and stop and all that good stuff.

Old 11-14-2000, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

Now all you fellas need to get your women to post in the forums!!!!!!!!

Easteregg...your comment is NOT sexist. I wrecked once and scared the wits out of my husband. He worries..and worries big time about me. I am a stay-at-home mom and wife...if I get really hurt, WHAT will he do??? I know what you mean.

Creeper...I'll keep you in the back of my mind if we venture west!!

Later all....Sher

Old 11-14-2000, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alright, so you want to hear from a girl, here it goes. I am a 21 year old female and have been riding since I was 5. I started on a small Honda 70 three-wheeler, which I still love to ride around and play on. I have recently become a die-hard 4-wheeler fanatic. I have ridden dirt bikes nearly all of my life. I have owned a KX 80, KX 80 big wheel, CR 80, XR 80(still have) and RM 125. In Feb. of this year Dad sold the RM 125 and bought a '99 300EX. I was so mad at him for doing this, but I soon got over it--particularly the day he brought the EX home. I liked his so much, I bought my own '99 300EX.
I have two younger sisters who also ride. One is 14 and she usually rides a 300EX and the other is 11 and has her own KX 60 and rides an EX if one is available. My mom is the dangerous one, you have to really keep an eye on her. When she gets on an atv she goes crazy. I let her borrow my EX and of course she flipped it. I will never let her ride it again!
I love to ride my EX and show the guys what I can do. Give me the steepest hill, I'll climb it. Give me a jump and I'll air it out. Give me a trail, and I'll beat you to the end of it. I'm up for any challenge that comes my way.
It's great to hear that so many of you guys know females who ride. Better yet, it's great to see women posting on this site!
Ride Safe!
Brittany

Old 11-15-2000, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

Concerning my fiance riding/training on the shee:

Well I myself just started riding quads this year, first one was a yamaha timberwolf, rode it once then sold it, next was the Blaster, I practically learned how to ride quads on this machine. I had no idea about leaning, how to use a clutch or anything, lol, and Im 21!!! Well the first time I jumped on it I was a little hesitant, took off and didnt even stall it. After a few rides with buddies I was riding it great, donuts, wheelies, not to good at jumping but that comes with practice.
Now I have the Banshee and love it. If my fiance can handle a (however much they weigh) HORSE, then she should be able to handle a Banhsee. She rode Horses for 11 years and was very good at it, barrel racing and all that.
It just saddens me when I go riding with friends I have to leave her behind to go out with her sister or something, I would love to take her with me but riding doubles is not the safest thing + when we ride we stay all day! usually around 7+ hours.

Im going to throw her on it next weekend and show/tell her everything about it and see how she does. I also like the idea that someone pointed out of renting a automatic quad, if I can find one out here then Im going to do just that.

Old 11-15-2000, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

Brittany, I think god created the perfect women.
To bad more girls are'nt like you, my girlfriend rides but she gets very intimadated on the trails, and I get blamed for for it!

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 11-15-2000, 07:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Scram,
The perfect woman? I am far from that. Thanks though. I'll let my Daddy know what you think about his "creation". Ha! Ha!
About your girlfriend getting intimidated on the trails, please don't discourage her, instead encourage her!!
Brittany

Old 11-15-2000, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

there are alot of girls that ride around my house. they dont go as fast as me(half of the guys dont even go as fast as me!)After they learn how to ride better they will be able keep up with me.

Old 11-15-2000, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

When I go riding with girls or my girlfriend I was always taught ladies first.
If your the fastest rider out there why don't you give them a few lesson's.
One last thing what kind of machine do you have, your name says suzuki230 but you never write weather it's the machine you own or not.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 11-16-2000, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

My cousin also rides atv's.She is a girl.She has a mojave.I remember one day we wnet to st joe.It was me,my dad,her,and her husband.Her husband has a 400ex I had my 250r she had my dads 300ex and my dad had his zilla.I forget why she had the 300.Any way I was the fastest that day but her husband's excuse was he was waiting for her.I guess it worked that day but not all the other days!!!!!She is a good rider just takes it nice and easy.

Old 11-16-2000, 06:13 PM
Range Rover

Girls are just as capable as men. Look at Leslie Wells and Angela Moore. They'd romp on me.