"Girls Riding ATVs?"

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2000, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I go riding with my girlfiend and she has an LT250R and now I want to hear from every guys wife/girl who rides,wants to ride, has ridden,will ride and what you think about the guys saying girls should'nt ride cus' it's a "guy sport".

And how many of you guys have the guts to admit you got wooped by a girl while riding.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

/////////////////////////

ALL OTHER DUPLICATE POSTS DELETED BY THE MODERATOR:

The ATV Connection Forum Guidelines prohibit duplicate posts across multiple forum topics. Please post your questions, concerns, and comments in the appropriate forum topic only once. Thank you for your cooperation.

ATVBBS

///////////////////////

Old 11-12-2000, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I see many female riders up here in upstate New York. Females are just as capable as men as long as they are riding a Yamaha. No, really females are just as capable as guy's

Old 11-12-2000, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

My wife has ridden everything from an Odeysee(?) to a Suzuki LT250r to a Honda 4trx250r to her new Honda 400ex. She has no problem keeping up with da guys!!!She Rocks!!!

Old 11-12-2000, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

Man I just wish I could find a woman. One that like to do things outdoors would just be an added bonus. So for those of you with women at all feel lucky.

Old 11-13-2000, 08:52 AM
Banned

Hello scramdaddy400,

My girlfriend an I ride all the time together. She loves it. She justs puts around the trails and sometimes goes up little hills. It's all about having a good time. She has a Kawasaki Bayou 220 and it's definetly good enough for her. I encourage that more women get into the sport. It's alot of fun.

IronBear

Old 11-13-2000, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

You got that right, let's get more women in the sport. The more women my wife sees out on the trail the more I'll be able to get her out there.

Old 11-13-2000, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

I like going ridin' with my girlfriend more than I do with the guys.
She likes to go fast but everythings not a competition to see who gets there the fastest.
I encorage her to ride more and know she's getting her friends into the sport, I think that's great, the more the better.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 11-13-2000, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

I have yet to find a woman to ride with me, but of my group of 10 friends, I'd say 8 of them their significant other loves to ride. Most of the women in our group have either a warrior or some type of polaris, but I will say some of them can really ride!!! We do have a couple women in our group who are extremely slow, but other than that it's all good, and I'm all for more women on the trails!!

Later

Old 11-13-2000, 12:30 PM
Range Rover

My 15-year old daughter has been riding for five years. I started her on my brand new Bayou 400 4x4 (my first quad) the Summer I got it. Then two years ago I bought a used Bayou 300 4x4 for her to ride.

During the Spring of ’99, when she was 13, she rode the Bayou 300 at the big (over 6600 quads) Cochranton Poker Run. She covered the 35 very tough, very muddy miles of Trail B with no problems. She also had no problem keeping up with the rest of the adult riders in our group, the Eclectic ATVers (which happened to include Tree Farmer).

Last Spring she also rode at the second annual Quads-On-The-Rocks ride at Tasker’s Gap (see the Tasker’s Gap feature article of 8-15-99 for the details of the first QOTR ride). The next day she participated in the AMA sanctioned Little Fort Trail Ride also held at Tasker’s Gap. We covered about 33 miles each day over some of the rockiest terrain you can imagine.

My daughter is a safe, careful, considerate, and competent rider who enjoys riding whenever afforded the opportunity. On the other hand, my wife, who has ridden street motorcycles for 11 years and who currently rides a Honda GL650, took one ride through the woods behind our house on the Bayou 300, and announced that she didn’t see what the attraction was. She doesn’t care if we ride, and in fact encourages us to do so. But quad-riding is just not for her. Oh well, you can’t please everybody.

I think the inclusion of female riders, whether on quads or motorcycles, is beneficial to the sport. Further, I believe that anyone who discourages or disparages female participation in such sports cuts off their nose to spite their face. Where do you think the majority of the anti-motorcycle/quad sentiment comes from? It comes mostly from women who have no experience with either, but who nonetheless instinctively “know” (read, “feel”) that it’s “dangerous”. Too dangerous a sport to allow their children to participate in.

Today’s young females interested in ATVs/motorcycles are tomorrow’s girlfriends, wives, and ultimately the mothers of the next generation of riders or NON-riders. The best thing you can do to ensure the growth of ATVing as a family sport, is to encourage any interested female and do all you can to help them. Though, like my wife, they may end up deciding ATVing is not for them. The encouragement and understanding you give them now, will go a long way towards ensuring that they aren’t trying to decide later that ATVing isn’t for you or anybody else.

I’ve ridden motorcycles for 37 years. I’ve only ridden quads for 5 years. But in those 5 years I have unfortunately found that, in comparison, ATVing has a disproportionate number of inconsiderate boors within its ranks. If you are upset about the drive to close some riding areas and restrict others, then you need to closely consider your behavior out on the trail. Being considerate of others, following the rules, and endeavoring to include the growing number of female riders within our ranks can only help the sport in the long run. Think about it.

Army Man

Old 11-13-2000, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

Great post armyman.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400