Please forgive me brothers and sisters of the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2000 | 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

Brother Holyman,
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind and faithful responses to my many sinful and profound posts.You brother,are obviously healed.I know that you to have knelt before the invisable moderators and asked for forgivness to.If one could only feel the stabbings that bestowed my body for sinning in my past posts? Oh Brother Holyman,with my newly bestowed faith,I now can also seek peace and happiness in these error free Forums.
For He
''WHO IS WITHOUT SIN,CAST THE FIRST STONE''

Old 12-07-2000 | 03:37 PM
Range Rover

Dang, Dern! I feel blessed to have such heathen bretheren at this connection. That was so eloquently written, Your Holyman. Please forgive me too, for I knew not what I did. I now feel compelled to recite the commandments.

thou shall not disrespect His Moderator;
thou shall honor all atv'ers;
thou shall covet bare-breasted female atv'ers;
thou shall not leave any atv'er stranded;
(especially the aforesaid);
thou shall then be easily delivered into temptation;
thou shall not drown thy (or thee) machine in mud;
thou shall believe thee bretheren's sins and stories;
thou shall not leave thy trash on trails;
thou shall not tresspass against others as they have tresspassed against us;

I ask for thee bretherens prayers to make thy a "born again atv'er".
Amen!

Old 12-07-2000 | 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

pdavis,
my brother of moderated ATV Forum love,is it you to that have had posts deleted or re-worded because of some abbreviated or assumed foul word?Shame shall be upon all who seek to disagree with the allmighty moderator,for it is he that is the police and deciding factor of what is profound and shameful.Do not seek to disagree, for he is of the higher power.

Fear not my brother of these questionable and merciful sins,for there is light at the end of the tunnel.Seek and ye shall find,ask and ye shall seek,but ask the moderator for permission first,

Bill

Old 12-08-2000 | 05:48 AM
Pro Rider

Methinks thou doth protesteth too much.

Holyman, ignored when inquiring about an administrative change (new E-mail address), states a legitimate grievance, venting his frustration with passive aggression, using a mock apology in quasi-religious language. (Not a solution, but you COULD post your current and correct E-mail address in your signature, Holyman; other posters use this technique.)

BC demands the right, for him at least, to use profanity at will on the Forum. He whines because the Forum rules apply to him, as well as the rest of us users. Somehow, BC feels profanity enhances his image and/or the quality of his posts.

My suggestion: deal maturely with these facts of life; 1) The Forum software has limitations; and 2) The Forum is moderated; if the no-profanity policy offends you, find a website or chat room where profanity is welcomed and encouraged (there are many), or start your own ATV website and forum, where you can set your own policy.

Then, again, you could ask for your money back if you're dissatisfied. You DID pay your fee for using the Forum, didn't you?

Diogenes

Old 12-08-2000 | 06:23 AM
Pro Rider

Diogenes,
Your ignorance to this profanity issue is very appearant.I hardly beleive that I got to 1800 post's by using profanity ''AT WILL'' as YOU clearly suggest..You made the statement that I whine when the Forum rules apply to me?You further state that the Forum rules apply to all!

Your statement could not be further from the truth.If you take the time to go to the Polaris Forum under the heading ''Honda man dedicated to Honda just came to end''You will see that there are three infractions involving the use of profanity [according to the moderators veiw of profanity]

These are the EXACT words or abbreviations that earned me a warning and deletion of the SAME words.I e-mailed the moderators twice yesterday in regards to this matter,the same words and abbreviations still exist.So goes your thought that the rules apply to all?

I further e-mailed Dave Beckstrom and asked his opionion of these words/abbreviations I had used,he saw NOTHING wrong with them.

Its not that the no profanity issue offends me,as you seem to think,however,I do have a little difficulty in what the moderators concider profanity.In everyday [household read] newspapers,where ANYONE can read,you will see alot worse printed than I ever concidered typing in these Forums.

Its not hard for anyone to see that after reading this post,your above post holds NO merit regarding me,and in the future,im suggestion that you get ''ALL'' the facts before you slam another user.
Bill

Old 12-08-2000 | 09:36 AM
Range Rover

Brother Bill to Diogenes: "et tu' Brute"?

Old 12-08-2000 | 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Bill ,Holyman

May I cast the first stone upon your fortress of solitude.
let's jump through the hoops together,,,,,One more time!

Go,,,,,,,,,Profile/here/log in/options[in top right corner]/account information/member account-"edit"/submit!.

Important Note: If you change one or more of the following items the change will not go into effect until you sign on again using a new confirmation number. Your new confirmation number will be emailed to you a few minutes after you click the MODIFY button. If you do not receive your confirmation email message in a few minutes, please verify that your simple @ss entered your email address correctly and then re-submit the change.

copy/paste-word/save as/ file name- simple @ss/save

Note- ISP's come and go,,,,,Yahoo is for life and auto Norton'ed.And AOL is the anti-christ[key word this!]

Old 12-08-2000 | 07:04 PM
|
Pro Rider

To those interested parties...
Perhaps I should include a brief history as to the reason for my post.
I use the forum often. It gives me the opportunity to get help on questions of interest and lets me look in on others that may have points of interest that I was unfamiliar with. I feel that most who post or read the posts here are similarly inclined.
I have a computer provided to me by my employer that I used to use for posting on the forum until I realized that posting to a forum is not a provision of the company's use program.
I then began using my home computer. I was with AOL at the time.
After having difficulties with my aged home computer I got a new one. My new computer has an internet service as part of the computer package. When I got the new computer I naturally changed my email address to the new one. I did exactly as some have kindly directed me and the change should have taken effect. It did not. When I go into my profile on this screen it shows my old address. When I go thru the procedure to change the address and get to the "edit" window my new address is already there. Just to see if it is some sort of default thing I re-entered the address correctly and went thru the edit procedure. I got the confirmation # a few minutes later and re-logged on. When I went to my profile the old address is still listed.
After doing all I could do to remedy the problem I placed a posting in this forum entitled "HEY MODERATOR...I changed ISP's and...etc". My posting went unanswered by the moderator but my dear brother Zorro came to my aid with the "cookie" suggestion which worked for the 'having to enter my password every time I post problem'.
I waited a few days and then clicked on the "notify the moderator" button and asked very politely if the moderator would respond to the post since I wasn't getting my email responses.
Still no answer. As you will notice 15 days elapsed before the moderator replied.
The moderator's reply is above.
As you can tell, the moderator gave me a location to possibly get help with my dilemma (so far unanswered) then admonished my to use "a less confrontational tone than 'HEY MODERATOR'".
I have no idea how it could be said that the use of "HEY" could be construed as confrontational. I simply used the word in the way you would use it to call someone that is far away. Certainly someone that does not respond to a direct email within 15 days cannot be said to be close by.
This treatment does not however diminish my appreciation for the many fine people that post here. Therefor I chose to reply to the Moderators post with a post that would reflect my deepest appreciation for all that He/She does and all that I get from the forum.
I do NOT and will NOT condone the use of profanity or the caustic defamation of ANY individual of the forum no matter what the differences of OPINION might be. I feel that my previous posts will reflect that. Since this is my complete and utter determination, I will gladly accept the repremand by the Moderator and cease from this moment on, using the word "HEY".
As far as some others difficulties with the moderator; I have no comment but to say that whenever forgiveness is possible forgiveness is advisable.
I again thank all interested parties for their concern and comments and continue to request forgiveness if I've offended anyone. An ancient man of wisdom once wrote...as long as it depends upon you, be peacable with one another...
Holyman

Old 12-08-2000 | 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

"Hey"

Ok,,,,I think I found the bug,[Dam thread tree]Ie-cheese'e plug in. But,,,since we can't fix it, Let"s try an "end around" it's just easyer.

Ok- this is a little tricky. What you are going to do is "abandon in place" your user-name and [old e-mail address].

Now what you are going to do is go back into your profile, and change your e-mail address back to the old one. Then edit your user name and add a digit to it to get the name off the name taken list so that we can recapture your user-name later.After you submit the changes, wait two minutes for the server to catch up. Then re-enter the forums and see if the changes took. If you see the "digit" you added to your user name apear that means it took!

Ok- ,,,,,now you are going to re-enter the front door of the site and register as a new user, being that you changed your user name, your original user name should now be available for you to re-register along with your new e-mail address which, if everything took should not be on file anymore.

Good luck.

Old 12-09-2000 | 02:43 AM
|
Pro Rider

dear brother trx...It was a good idea but so far I 've gotten a hand full of new confirmation numbers and none of them work.

Quick Reply: Please forgive me brothers and sisters of the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!