Snow Conversions

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2000, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric, that's cool, first time I got quoted. I figured there would be some criticism of my last post! I was only giving some reasons why someone would get one of those, not saying they're better than snowmobiles. I would get a snowmobile before that kit anyday. They're just kind of cool though. Dirtwheels tested the track kits when they first came out on a Banshee, and they had snowmobiles there for direct comparison. They said the snowmobiles were much faster, but the Banshee could carve faster turns. They also said that the snow track conversions did have more surface area of track on the snow, and combine that with the good ground clearance of an ATV, could get through more snow. Don't be yellin at me, I was just telling what I read. About the jumping, they said it was easier cause it wasn't quite as awkward because of how you sit on a snowmobile, compared to an ATV. They do have their place. But I think most people would opt for a snowmobile instead. I was just giving the person that asked the question some reasons why a person may buy one. Here in WI, where I'm at, snowmobilers should be going nuts right now, should have over a month of riding so far, but it's not like that. They only had 7 days so far this whole winter. No snow at all until beginning of January. Every time we get some, it melts right after! And about those redline snowmobiles; sweet!

Old 01-20-2000, 11:33 AM
Range Rover

Rooster, it was not my intention for my post to come across as me yelling at or criticizing you. I apologize if I came across in a negative way. My intentions were to simply debate you on the Snow Traxx vs. snowmobile issue.

It was DW that was doing the testing? We know they are never biased! :-) I can see it now; Honda comes out with a snowmobile called the 600EX. DW takes it to the DUNES to do a comparison with the Banshee…. Can you guess which one would win DW’s shootout? Or how about this for a comparison; 400EX with Styrofoam inserts vs. _________ brand jet ski? The possibilities are endless.

I’m pretty sure that if a magazine such as SnowGoer were doing the testing, the results would have been totally different.

Little known fact: Most people that I quote become rich and famous.

Eric

Old 01-20-2000, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

ROOSTER:wow you would think you were in HONDU section with taking your post apart quote by quote.Wish you would get your facts together better I am ashamed of you,thinking you can repeat what was in magazine article, and get away with it.50 lashes with a wet noodle for you.

------------------
THE FORMER CORNCOB2

Old 01-20-2000, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Eric, I think both magazines tested the kits at some point, but the article I was referring to was when they first came out. Maybe they were a little excited about them, that's why they gave them high ratings. And who's to say they aren't awesome? But they never said that they were better than a snowmobile though.

Old 01-20-2000, 07:08 PM
Range Rover

well i think a snow trax kit would be great but they are too costly but in most cases im sure the snowmobile would be alot better. but probabaly the same money

Eric could you please quote me i need to be rich to rebuild my quad

------------------
T.J. Flynn Honda 300ex - stock but not for long

Old 01-30-2000, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, I just moved to Alaska, and I have been trying to find someone who has actually riddin with these trax. I can't, which makes me think the worst? Sleds are more like 3500.00 up here used, that's why I was intrested. Now i'm thinking of puting them on my quad to plow with. Surelly they would get much more traction then a 4x4 quad?