Minnesota, where nothing is allowed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2000, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got off of the Minnesota DNR Web Page and read the new ATV regulations.

No riding double if the quad was not designed for more than one passenger.

All state trails closed as of Nov 1 Except Clayton County

No aftermarket mufflers or pipes

Noise allowed 99 DB at a distance of 20 inches

The list goes on... One would think that Al Gore is already the President!!!

Old 11-27-2000, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Pretty stupid, and redundant as well. 99 decibels? They don't let you change the muffler from stock, how would you get close to 99 decibels anyway?
I do feel sorry for you guys out there. So far they don't have any super strict rules here in Maine. Just some strick ones.

Old 11-28-2000, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Now hold on there,,,,Those draft's were founded on intensely founded special intrest,,,Uhh; I mean public option polls.

Old 11-28-2000, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Bummin... I love screamin down the road..

Old 11-28-2000, 06:24 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think any of the rules you listed are "new" regulations. The only one I am not sure about is the noise decibel one. As far as the passenger law and the trail dates they are unchanged from years past. I was stopped over 10 years ago by the DNR for giving my daughter a ride but they were kind enough to let me off with a warning after she cried and asked if they were going to take her daddy to jail. (I didnt even coach her on that one) As far as the trail dates go, many of them are shared with snowmobiles which open Dec 1 weather permitting. I don't have a clue why they would close the others.
I disagree with many of our regulations here too but my own opinion about loud pipes, is that the less negative attention we call to ourselves the better off we will be in the future. Just my feelings though ......to each his own in a perfect world.

Old 11-29-2000, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

If you think you have it bad come to New Jersey, we don't have one acre of State land that we are allowed to ride on, every time i ride i am trespassing!

Old 11-29-2000, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!
There is not one acre of legal public state funded land in Illinois either! To ride legally off of ones own property [which there aint much of in the Chicago area] and actually ride in a designated area one would have to go to Wisconsin [a 35+ minute ride plus passes etc and no doubt the same regulations as your state] or Indiana [probably a 2 hour+ ride plus the same passes etc.] So the 10,000+ dollars that my friend and I have spent on ATV's has to be enjoyed as we sneak along powerlines and railroad tracks and corn fields with the hopes that if we get confronted on one of our treks that we can be convincing when we say we can't read that sign that says "entry forbidden".

Old 11-30-2000, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah can relate. In southwest Washington our one riding place is closed from November 1-April 1.
Last year the BLM wanted us to map all our trails which was over 100 miles. Well guess what, they decided some fish, not a Salmon was being endangered so they shut down 80% of the trails.

There are two other places to ride but both are a 90 minute drive away.

The National Forrest has over 500 miles of hiking & horse trails & only 100 miles of motorcycles & 30 miles for quads, whats up with that?

Honda & Polaris & Yamaha, as well as the other manufactueres need to do something. If we the consumer doesn't have a place to ride then the manufacturers will not be able to sell their product thus their corporate profits will fall.

Old 11-30-2000, 03:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

For those of you in thse Democratic (or worse in Minnesotas case) better get people to wake up and stand up for your rights, Vote Repub next time...

RoostKing

Old 11-30-2000, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Minnesota has always been a traditional Democratic state..its all the farmers etc. But this past election it was very very close between Gore and Bush. The new laws here don't seem that bad to me...I've never run into an officer who was interested in anything more than making sure you were wearing your helmet and had a registered ATV.

Quick Reply: Minnesota, where nothing is allowed.