Gore is a sore loser!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000 | 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

BLH,

You are pretty much right on, I can add a few other things Gore did that screwed himself:

1: Conceding to Bush on Election night, then recanting his concession. (came off looking like a fool)

2: Starting the protest, when he would have been better served (after the first recount by machine) to wait until certification, then contest the results.

If things would have been done in that order, Gore would have had all the time he needed to recount the supposedly uncounted ballots during the contest of the certification.

Another note on the side, I'm not buying the dimples equal a vote B.S... If you didn't push the stylus all the way thru the ballot, you didn't want the vote to count for that candidate...PERIOD!! IF you pushed the stylus thru 2 candidates marks, then you couldn't decide who to vote for or you are too stupid to be voting in the first place...PERIOD!! Throw those ballots out & let an unbiased machine count the rest of the properly executed ballots (redundant...already been done).

Lance

Old 11-30-2000 | 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

1) Go Bush

2) A win is a win, no matter how slim of a win it is.

3) And they got their wish, they even got the deadline extended. And now they are crying about Harris not extending the second deadline for PBC. Let's not forget that the Gore campaign tied up in court Wednesday morning since they did not like how that canvassing board was determining "voter intent"

4) Main reason I think he was trying to stop the count is because of the bias. In regards to the disputed ballots Gore got a net gain of 35% and a net gain of 2% in PBC. Definitely shows me there was bias.

5) In every election there is an average of about 1.7% of NO vote for president. The counties in question fell below that average. Seems to me no tabulation errors.

6) I'm not a lawyer, but I did read the laws in question. I can definitely see how the Florida Supreme court overstepped their authority and re-wrote Florida law.

7) And there's a reason for that. After the certification, losing candidate can "contest" the outcome. By pushing back the deadline you push back the contest phase which puts things dangerously close to the Dec. 12th date.

8) She followed the law....she followed the courts ruling.

9) Gore upset over this one, he really wanted the courts to basically say "count ALL NO votes for Gore" I refer to site http://mwbdesign.com/vote/
This site shows clearly what Gore was hoping for.

10) Yes, please read these requests. If a legitimate reason was given I imagine Harris would of accepted the manual count.

11) Smart woman

12) Counting stops? yeah sure right....tell me another

13) By this point people are starting to realize that he's really grasping for straws and that he doesn't give a damn about the American people

14) My belief is that Gore probably thought that he WOULD win the recount, which would put Bush in the position of contesting the election with such a short period of time left. Looks like it backfired.

15) Some people view this action by Bush as HIM trying to steal the election. Bush won the count in Florida. After reading Florida law and breaking out the Constitution again it definitely appears to me that the US Supreme court should overturn the Florida Supreme courts ruling.

16) Referring to Clinton brings up a good point. Not too far into the past, our "esteemed" leader, Monica's boyfriend insisted that "if there was no penetration, there was no sex". Therefore, it would stand to reason that: If the ballot is not penetrated, there is no vote.

I know you wanted a Democrat to respond, which I hope some do. Ever since Nov. 7th I've been wanting to hear some intelligent arguments instead of hearing parrots repeating one liners they hear from tv.

FOOTBALL: I'm going to use a football analogy considering this was a very close election in Florida. In football when the ref calls a play, they "spot" the ball. There is probably a 1/2 margin of error when "spotting" the ball. Someone might of crossed the refs line of site at the precise moment, maybe he sneezed or whatever. Nonetheless, error of margin is about 1/2 a foot. That half a foot can determine a first down or the ball going to the other team. No one EVER protests the spotting of the ball. It's widely accepted that there is a margin of error. Sometimes that margin of error may be in your teams favor, sometimes in might be in favor of the opposing team. Still, nonetheless everyone knows that's just how the game is played.

This election is no exception. There were rules (laws) set in place prior to this election starting. All across the country there is an margin of error in tabulating the votes. We ALL knew about this "margin of error" going into this election. Gore needs to stop trying to "buck the system" and concede.

Old 11-30-2000 | 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

The fat lady hasn't sang yet, Gore is still trying to "steal" the election. Gore will try every available tactic to get into the white house, just wait & see.

Old 11-30-2000 | 07:51 PM
Range Rover

I think the "sore" should be deleted the title of this post.

Old 11-30-2000 | 08:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 12-01-2000 | 03:50 AM
Pro Rider

Too much technical crap for me.JUST RID GORE AND LEBERMAN ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!You lost,Deal with it would you.

Old 12-01-2000 | 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

What I don't understand is why Florida is the state to decide the election. I think if they gotta recount Florida, they should have to recount the whole US. You KNOW Florida isn't the only state using those punch card systems. Besides what if grandpa got confused by the ballot, started to punch Gore, then changed his mind, leaving a dimple on the ballot? The whole thing is screwed now cuz we got somebody squinting at it looking for a bump, instead of a machine. What a mistake...
Are they even looking for "pregnant chads" in Bush's or Naders slot?

I didn't vote for Gore, but every news article I see on this mess makes me really dislike him even more. What the heck, everything else in this country is decided by lawyers now, might as well let them decide our president too.

Old 12-03-2000 | 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a <red>prediction.</red> I see the circuit court Judge Sauls ruling in favor of the Bush team. In response the Gore camp will try to take it to the Florida Supreme court. I say that the FLC denies to hear the case. After they do that, I then say Gore concedes. I wonder if I get this right.

Old 12-04-2000 | 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

Gore started laying the groundwork for his concession yesterday on 60 minutes I think it was. I think he realizes he is on thin ice & he has to figure out a way try to save face with the US Public.

With the US Supreme court leaning Bush's way today, I'm more confident in Bush's chances now. Wouldn't that be something if The FL Supreme court denies to hear the case!! It looks like all of the cases are ready to go the the FL Supreme Court & if they decide they don't want to choose the next pres, then George W. wins.

Old 12-04-2000 | 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I will be glad when this thing is over. The need of an electoral college has come & gone. The election should be decided popular vote. Yes, I know that Bush would have lost but it doesn't change my mind on the electoral college.

Anybody know a fat lady willing to volunteer for travel to Florida to sing?

Quick Reply: Gore is a sore loser!!