Pitbulls ain't got nothin' on my Bullmastiff

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitbulls ain't got nothin' on my Bullmastiff

Well, we found out just how bad our Bullmastiff "Diesel" is yesterday (PIC #11 on my pics page). Our neighbor has a Pitbull that keeps getting loose. He came into our garage and went after our female Golden Retriever. Diesel saw him and intercepted him. He BULLDOZED that dog! The Pitbull was of good size, but Diesel weighs about 135 pounds. Diesel grabbed him by the throat and body slammed him like a wrestler. He kept his jaws clenched on the Pitt's throat and shook him like a crocodile. It took three of us to get Diesel off of him. The Pitt was bleeding pretty bad and he couldn't breathe. He was in such bad shape that his owner had to take him to the vet. I don't like animal violence, but it was impressive to see the power of my dog.

P.S. Diesel has gained about 25 pounds since the pic on my page - trust me, he's a big dog

Old 08-04-2006, 01:04 PM
TPR
The Champ

I'm like you, I hate to see things like that happen, but I've seen it happen twice, and both times the pits got nailed by Alaskan Malamutes. One of my grandfather's neighbors trained their pit to kill coyotes and it was very aggressive, it got out and went after my grandpa, well his pure white Mal did what you said above, plowed the pit and injured it pretty bad, it did survive, but lost all aggression.

I also had a neighbor's attack doberman which was about 80lbs went after me and my sisters when we were kids. I had a best of show Mal that was around 95lbs dominate the attack dog...Again, the dog survived, but I never heard it bark again.

Mals are one breed that will absolutely let nothing happen to anyone in their family, espically children, very loyal and protective when necessairy. The female I have now is about 105 and stands about 5-10 when standing up...and I got her from the pound to boot!! She is in my pictures with our Husky....cool dog but a total clown! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It really bothers me when pet owners don't raise their dogs right. My in-laws have a 95lb pit and he defers to my friggin 5lb chihuaua...LMAO he is the biggest baby, which demonstrates how great pits can be if raised properly.

TPR

Old 08-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

I had an 80 pound pit. Wasn't much of a fighter, but mainly because he was raised as a family pet. Remember the first time he met the wifes cat. Nothing more embarassing than telling someone to have their cat leave my dog alone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] He was raised with another cat and a shi-tzu, so he was never really aggressive. But, he sure was defensive of the kids and house.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Diesel is our first Bullmastiff, and I must say I fell in love with this breed. He has the biggest heart of any dog I have seen. He wants nothing more than to play with my family and our other two dogs. At first we were concerned about buying a male Bullmastiff because our black lab is male, but they get along like best friends. Diesel is only a year and a half old and our lab is 10 years old. Even though Diesel outweighs the lab by 40 pounds, he knows that our lab is the Boss because he's been around longer. Bullmastiffs are an exceptional breed. They are very loving, playful, intelligent and protective. Just don't come in our yard if he doesn't know you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2006, 07:26 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like it either but sometimes it has to happen. I have a 150lb Rott that is the one of the coolest dogs I've ever seen. My old neighbors (pot heads) always had their dogs out runnin' around in the front yard without any fences. I was walking my dog when three of them decided to make a go at him. Two mangy Golden Retrievers and a big mix(Shepherd & Rott)named Moose that was really aggressive. I yelled for the guys to get their dogs before they got hurt and they just kinda laughed and said yeah right. My dog was on leash so I just kinda slacked off a little and told him to heal. He sat next to me and I told the guys once more, again a laugh. I took off his leash and collar and started to walk and called him with me. As soon as he moved they attacked him. He grabbed big bad Moose so fast by the throat and pinned him, just holding him down. Not shaking him or anything, just pinned him. I kicked one of the other ones and they both took off running. The guys came unglued yelling for me to get my dog off. I told them he ain't hurtin' him and the next time he gets ahold of him I'll let them try and get him off. Never happened again........................

Old 08-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BAD250R
Well, we found out just how bad our Bullmastiff "Diesel" is yesterday (PIC #10 on my pics page). Our neighbor has a Pitbull that keeps getting loose. He came into our garage and went after our female Golden Retriever. Diesel saw him and intercepted him. He BULLDOZED that dog! The Pitbull was of good size, but Diesel weighs about 135 pounds. Diesel grabbed him by the throat and body slammed him like a wrestler. He kept his jaws clenched on the Pitt's throat and shook him like a crocodile. It took three of us to get Diesel off of him. The Pitt was bleeding pretty bad and he couldn't breathe. He was in such bad shape that his owner had to take him to the vet. I don't like animal violence, but it was impressive to see the power of my dog.

P.S. Diesel has gained about 25 pounds since the pic on my page - trust me, he's a big dog
DAng! My grandpa has a pitbull, lol, if that matters.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

honestly i don't do pissing matches so i'm going to try to do my best not to start one.....with that said you are basing your statement "pitbulls ain't got nothin' on my bullmastiff" on ONE isolated situation. there are a some variables you must consider. 1. was the pit bull of true fighting lines or just a pit that was bred 2. from your discription your dog blind sided the pitbull giving him an unfair advantage, if that is the case then your dog would be the victory outweighing even a large pitbull(80lbs)by dang near 55lbs(that's the size of a whole other dog..lol).

i bred and raised pits for nearly 10 years. i will say that while the bullmastiff is a very formidable foe your statement that pitbulls can't hang with your bullmastiff is way off. simply because you are implying that ALL pitbulls can't hang with him. i know for a fact that if you were to square your bullmastiff off with a true gamebred pitbull you wouldn't have made this statement. size has little to do with the equation(in a straight ahead situation not one where they are intercepted or blind sided), when i was growing up i had a female pit that would run the neighborhood with me. she never attacked another dog(unless provoked) or went after people. she was an absolute dream of a dog(she passed just this summer at the ripe old age of 13 yrs). there was an incident where i was riding my bike and two rotts came out of their yard. one ran to the middle of road keeping me from continuing to ride and the other was coming up beside me. i put my bike between me and the dogs(yelling at them to get away) and my dog who was only 30-40lbs got between me and the dogs. needless to say my 30-40lbs dog went to work on the female 90-100lbs, making her run to the house and cower by the door then proceeded to work over the male100-115lbs. the owner came out and started cussing me out because my dog was working his dogs over. i told him the situation, he was still pissed(because his TWO 100+lbs dogs got whooped) but i was safe and i continued on with my day. my dog was not from a good bloodline at all. she didnt have a hard bite in the least bit, as compared to even an avg biting pitbull. she was just a backyard bred dog. if you were to put her up against many other breeds of dogs she would probally lose, hell if you put her up against most rotts she would lose.

what i'm trying to get at is that you can't make blanket statements like you have. your dog took on ONE pitbull, that doesn't mean that your dog can take on ALL pitbulls because like i said i've seen 45lbs pit bulls bite down, shake and break the legs of other animals. i would take solice knowing that if the **it ever hits the fan you KNOW your dog can protect you and your family, that is an invaluable trait to have in a dog. good luck with your dog as i know you are very proud of him.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

I dont want to sound like a diick but this thread is stupid! my dog can kick your dogs azz CRAP. Just enjoy your animals and try to keep them pasive, and this will keep the # of lawsuits and wasted tax payers money down to a minimum

Old 08-05-2006, 01:10 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna let you all know right now that if this gets off topic and turns into bashing or a pissing match I'll shut it down real quick.

1BAD was only stating an experience he had with his dog, same as the rest of us. I'm sure he didn't mean his dog could beat up every pit out there. Maybe the title insinuates that but I'm sure that's not what he meant by it.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

luckily by me, we ain't got too many problems with dogs fighting...only we got them running everywhere. i got two golden retrievers, and soon to get a female chocolate lab...the goldens are the sweetest dogs ever. my female won't do much but cower at other dogs, but my male will keep his ground when he knows something's up. he won't do this with everyone tho, mainly just me, but that's because he's my baby, and i trained him through his life. i am one to not like fighting, unless it is under protectivness, which in the occasions on this thread were. and honestly, u can take the same dog, raise it once with one family, then go back and put it in a different family, and it will not be the same, guarenteed. it's all the dumb people in the world who think it's okay to mistreat animals...but it's not.

Quick Reply: Pitbulls ain't got nothin' on my Bullmastiff