Scarring after Accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2000, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like a freak accident (aren't they all?) At least you were treated well in the emergency room. It seems like when doctors and nurses find out you got hurt on a dirt bike or ATV, they set out to punish you. When I broke my foot, they wanted to cut my boots off and I told them "no way!". So they just took X-rays and set me up with the ortho doc for a follow up 4 days later because there really wasn't anything to do for a broken foot. The ortho doc operated on my foot as soon as he saw my X-rays.
Hope you feel better quick!

Old 12-07-2000, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

sayit_fmf is right.
My doctor told me to put sunscreen on mine (after the stiches were out) to keep them from becoming worse.

Old 12-08-2000, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

Man that must of hurt, sorry. I have had some close calls too, with what? a "banshee". Once I went over the handle bar in a ditch, when I landed on the ground, I looked back and the quad just about was rolling over and hit me with the grab bar right on my butt cheeck, inches away from my spinal cord.
The last serious accident was on my friends banshee. I took a turn on a wide peble surface trail and the thing didnt want to turn. What I saw in front of me was a couple of trees. I managed to lean to the side on the quad just about when it hit the trees, thank god they werent big trees. Wen over the the side of the bike as it was flipping over, landed on my head and flipped over and missed all of the other trees (dont know how).
I got up pretty quick just about when my friend was coming over. All I got was muscle strain on my neck. I still can beleive a survived with out anything broken. The quad only caught a dent on one arm. Both trees broke.

Peace, and get back to riding. Thats living.

****Post edited by ATVBBS. Please refrain from using profanity when posting on this family orientated ATV forum. Thank you****

ATVBBS
&&&&&&

Old 12-11-2000, 03:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies/tips, and the get wells. I am happy to say that most people cant even tell the scars are there until I tell them (not sure how that happens with 27 stitches!!!) So looks like my diligent cleansing while I still had the stitches in, no small feat when playing in sand, payed off. Anyhow, I am planning another trip, so I guess tis time to get back on that horse and show it whos boss, err its freind, nice banshee, nice banshee!!

Again, Thanks guys/gals,

RoostKing...