Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TEEN KILLED IN ATV ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was watching Fox 25 news tonight and they said a 15 year old teen from Massatuchetts was riding his ATV and ran into a big wire, they also said the brakes weren't working properly. I think it was a Warrior but they also showed a 400EX as well, the teen's friend was driving with him, they just crosed a highway and the teen hit a wire right a head level.

I sure hope it wasn't anyone from this forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Be safe and cautious guys, we dont want more accidents.

Old 06-07-2001, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

Its always sad to hear that someone got killed on an ATV. I mean this is such a fun sport. I would never ride anything without brakes. I rode a bicycle one time and the brakes were not hooked up at ALL so I went down this really steep hill and the bike Speedo read 29.7 MPH and there was really sharp right hand turn at the bottom but with no brakes I couldn't stop so you can guess what happend. oh well enough about that. I Hate it for the family

Old 06-07-2001, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

i hate to hear when something like this happens. not only for the family and the person, but for our sport in general. i hope that it was just an accident though. but i have to wonder, what kind of wire did he hit sittin on a quad though?

Old 06-07-2001, 08:04 AM
Range Rover

someone kid names Curt died in lucasville on a four wheeler sunday. he hit a tree goin 15 mph and broke his neck.

Old 06-07-2001, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

one killed here yesterday day too

was riding pillion with her father on the farm,

not good for the sport

......federated farmers thinking about bringing in laws for NZ (we have guide lines......) to better regulated this

dunno how exactly they will police it

......we have the guides on the guard which are applicable to you guys in the US

but due to the accident compensation act here we are covered in injury anyhow,......no need to take civial action against companies......therefore up till now there has been less emphasis on the problem

.....its a shame becasue this rubs off on our club, even though the accident is at the end of the country........the very fact it was on tv is not good publicity
....our club runs training schools for all ages, our juniors have a blast......

one of our young riders is the youngest ever to do the goldrush.......NZ's version of pikes peak.......he was 15yr old.......on a 400ex.....this is the same race that monster tajima, rod millen etc.....par take in in there suzuki escudo and toyota tacoma.....hes a very good rider and has a good future ahead of him.......(bit of a WIMP in the Mud thou.....my 250x showed him a trick or three...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]....can't wait to get him on my 350x )

......given these cases, there could be heated disscussion about this topic over here.......considering there are at least 70,000 farm atv in action at the moment, and it has been highlighted as the area of greatest risk in NZ agriculutre....

ride on

pudding

Old 06-07-2001, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

It was a big thick Black wire, so he could have seen it coming. I don't know what the wire was for, rather electricity or just some fence wire.

Old 06-07-2001, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

My mom knew somone that was killed like this, there was a place where they used to ride and there was a wire that was down so nobody paid attention to it then someone put it up and a kid was riding and was decapitated by the wire. This happened in Washington somewhere. Also there were some caves that my mom and her friend went to one day on their three-wheelers and saw some satanic stuff down there and some monkeys that were sacrificed or something then some phsyco chased them outta there with a Machetee(big knife) SO BE CAREFUL

Old 06-07-2001, 06:04 PM
Range Rover

I feel really bad for the parents and friends . I watched the news and the kids were riding fast crossed the highway and it was either dark or something so he couldnt see it til it was too late and the wire nailed him in the chest and collapsed his lungs . His YAMAHA warrior had no back brakes and the fronts didnt work well . Suprisingly the friends and parents were prassing atv's they were saying how much fun they are to ride but to be careful and to think of the kid that was killed and dont drive like a maniac and things like this wouldnt happen .[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2001, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

This isnt exactly about this but some jerks around here think it is funny to tie string right at neck length on the trails so people hit them..i almost hit one be4 my atv was stolen and someone could get seriuolsy hurt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]!

Old 06-08-2001, 03:13 AM
Range Rover

It is always sad to hear of ones passing and most unfortunate when it involves children or teens. I feel for the survivors. Whether or not a person is riding responsible when they lose their life is irrelevant - they just die. Our sport may contain dangers that you would not encounter if you stayed at home and played video games all day long. We ride because it is our choice, we ride because it makes us feel alive.

People die all the time. Almost everyone that has ever ridden in a car has seen bad accidents that might have resulted in someones death - it happens all the time. Most people know someone that has died. It is sad, but a part of our life involves death. Should we all stay locked inside all the time just playing video games? Is this the only way to minimize our risk of death?

I think that I will continue to ride. It makes me feel alive. It helps me forget the pain of losing those that were close to me. I will ride with protective gear, it is the responsible thing to do. I apoligize in advance to anyone I may have offended with my opinion, I do not mean any disrespect to the family that lost their child - I feel really bad for them. I hope the person that died enjoyed their life for as long as it was theirs.

Quick Reply: TEEN KILLED IN ATV ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!