Gore loses his Fla, appeal!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2000, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Decision just announced in the Fla. appeal & gore's appeal denied!!
Praise God!!!

Old 12-08-2000, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's ALL fall on our knees and give thanks for our Founding Fathers who gave us a system where SOMETIMES justice prevails (in many parts of the world, justice NEVER prevails).

I expect George W. Bush will preserve, rather than deny, our civil rights, such as the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as well as public access to public lands.

Yet, Bush won the election fairly; the "will of the people" has been heard.

Diogenes

Old 12-08-2000, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

You say the "Will of the people has been heard".?? Didn't Gore win the popular vote??? Not just Florida, but the country as a whole?? Maybe Gore deserves the Presidency more than Bush. I just hope this is the end of it. I'll be glad when it's official and Bush moves in. I like Bush.

Old 12-08-2000, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

You spoke too fast....

The divided Florida Supreme Court brought Democrat Al Gore's presidential campaign back from the brink of death, adding 383 votes to his total and ordering a manual recount of 9,000 disputed votes in Miami-Dade County and any other disputed ballots in other Florida counties.

The decision immediately cut Bush's lead over Gore in Florida to 154 votes out of nearly 6 million cast, pending further recounts in Miami-Dade and other counties

Old 12-08-2000, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PADZZ,
A large contributing factor in the claimed popular win can be blamed on the electronic media who claimed a Bush victory hours before the polls closed in the West, causing presumably thousands of people to simply stay home and not vote. Who can say which candidate benefited from that stupid attempt to grab a media scoop?

Old 12-11-2000, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

The Florida Supreme court blatantly disregarded Florida law. I knew the US Supreme court would step in within 24 hours and they did. They are going to put a stop to this madness.

Do you realize that by ruling that the PARTIAL tally of a partial count in Dade county to be included with the certified total in essence set presidence <sp> on allowing a PARTIAL COUNT OF THE COUNT THAT THEY JUST ORDERED. Which basically means if the US Supreme court had not stepped in, once Gore had obtained enough votes they could stop the count.

The US Supreme court had already given the Florida Supreme court the opportunity to correct their first ruling and they simply refused to do so.

I've heard so much about "just count the votes" or "a fair and accurate count". There were 175,000 NON Votes in Florida. The FSC ruled to count only the Under votes which amounts to 60,000. Why not count the OTHER votes that the machine rejected as NON votes? Plus, you cannpt disenfranchise 49 other states. There were 1.4 MILLION Undervotes nation wide. Why don't these votes get the same attention. With that many undervotes nationwide, that could very well change the outcome in other states that were close. Even if there was 5,000....10,000....50,000 vote difference.

Besides, we have all seen what a "fair" count in Florida means. In Broward there were 1,500 disputed ballots and Gore got a net gain of 500+. In Palm Beach county there were 10,000 disputed ballots and Gore got a net gain of about 200. That is a net gain of 35% in Broward and 2% in PBC. Those numbers alone tell me that they are NOT being counted fairly.

Luckily the US Supreme court is going to slap this crap down so hard and will do so by tomorrow at the latest. After all, you do NOT F with the Constitution

Old 12-11-2000, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

FKNA

Good post. The Florida Supreme Court has not only tried to change the laws in Florida, they are even trying to amend their own rulings. In their previous ruling, they gave the county election boards a specific time to have their third vote count completed and reported to the Sec. of State. I believe this date was 5:00 pm on Sunday, Nov 26. Based upon that deadline, Bush was certified as the winner. The FSC has then tried to extend that deadline again by ordering the manual recount in certain counties, again. The FSC has not only changed the law, they have changed their original ruling by extending their own deadline. Fortunately, the U.S. Supreme court is going to step in today and correct this problem and GW will win the state of Florida.

Old 12-12-2000, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

MagnumMudMan,

Here's my fear. I see the US Supreme court ruling in Bush's favor. After reading all the relevant laws I see that they MUST rule in his favor.

Anyway, this is my fear. After the US Supreme court rules in Bush's favor, I fear Gore not conceding right away. I think he might sit back to see if the FSC takes up the Martin and Seminole counties case. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit for the Florida Supreme court to flex their muscles and overturn those cases.

Of course, only time will tell what will happen. Personally, I hope Gore concedes later this evening after the US Supreme court rules so we can be done with all this madness.

Old 12-13-2000, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

Finally......it's all over with. Gore should concede today. But if he doesn't, it doesn't matter. It's all over with now, Bush IS our next president. So let's get back to atv'ing.