What do you prefer--a box or bag??? and why??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007 | 07:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default What do you prefer--a box or bag??? and why??

I got a nice box for the rear rack at Walmart for $19.00 can't see paying the price that some want for a rear box. If it breaks for any reason I can replace many times for the price difference

Old 08-19-2007 | 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

im glad that you are trying to listen to the consumer . the only thing keeping me from buying a bag or box is the price. it just seems outrageous to me. the look great though.

Old 08-19-2007 | 04:31 PM
Range Rover

I would just like to reiterate to have a look at the Moose Utility Division Products . offered at very good prices on the preceding website. The Pro Padded Bottom Bag I purchased on this site is high quality, under $100 with shipping, and it was delivered promptly. But the important thing is how useful it has turned out to be. I wouldn't want to go trail riding without it.

My wife works for company that manufactures all kinds of firefighting equipment selling products nationally and internationally. She supervises the sewing dept. where part of her job is designing heavy duty brush gear, equipment bags and such using Gortex and other high quality durable matierials. My point is that she is well qualified to assess the quality of these products, and she gives a big thumbs up to our MUD bag for being well made with quality materials.

While the MUD products are not the cheapest bags you can find to strap on your ATV, neither are they the most expensive. Those who don't mind paying for a well-made, purpose-designed product will get their money's worth in one of these.

Old 08-23-2007 | 10:43 AM
|
Trailblazer

Yeah WoodRat!! Someone who appreciates quality! If you think that bag is nice you really need to check out the Titan Structured Bags! This is a box-bag hybrid design--rigid polyethylene walls keep the shape without having to "stuff" it. It is made of weatherproof 600 denier fabric and the corners are reinforced with waterproof Rhinotek--a virtually non-destructable material!! But best of all.....there are NO ZIPPERS! (Have you ever tried to zip a zipper that has mud or sand in it?) These seal with very strong magnets sewn into the fabric edges and have buckle fasteners. Every Titan Bag has a LIFETIME Warranty---its the last bag you'll ever buy! You won't know what you did without one!![img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2007 | 08:00 PM
Range Rover

Tamarack, you have a good point on the zippers. I've had to rinse ours clean after riding in very dusty conditions a couple of times, which so far has restored their smooth operation. I wonder how well your magnetic seal works. The zippers accessing the compartments on our MUD bag are underneath a heavy waterproof fabric lapping all around the top fastened with velcro. Some dust can still work it's way under and get into the zippers, but not too bad. The next time we need a bag I'll take a look at your product line, though price is always a consideration.