anybody know how to hook up a button to a selonoid??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007 | 08:29 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default anybody know how to hook up a button to a selonoid??

I want to hook a botton up to a selonoid on my 2001 warrior. I need help hooking it up and what kind of button to buy. Please help

Old 08-17-2007 | 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

The only one i know of would cost you as much as buying a new selonoid for your warrior, all small engine part;s cost about the same ; the only thing i can think of saving any money would be to check out ebay ! On ebay you might fine the whole starterwith selonoid for a good price , but buying used on ebay you are taking a chanch on buying junk ; but if you go the ebay way check out the seller's feedback ! And if you don't have a paypal account get one you may need it if do get ripped off paypal will refund the money you lost and then they will go after the seller and get the money get back ! It's like insurance ! I was looking to repair the front brake's on an old 86' Honda TRX 350FM foreman with fulltime 4x4 i checked out every Dealer within a 150 mile radious they all wanted from $39.99+tax just for the front shoe's (that's 2 shoe for each siide ) and i needed wheelcyclinder's( another $50.00 ea. 1 per side) and keeper pin's and locking cap's for the pin's and even the spring's to keep shoe's compressed together ,and also wheel o"ring's and dust seal's 2 per side ; i didn't even ask for a quote for the part's ! I was at the point of just parting my quad out on ebay ,based on what the Dealer's were asking ; my youngest brother was whating to buy it and i told him i wouldnt sell it to my worst enemy with the brake's the way they where , because it also neededthe one rear shoe's and cyclinder for the rear also ; i checked the rear all it needed was the to shoe's and one wheel cyclinder for it ! So i checked the local Arctic Cat Dealer! She was an old friend from my old Motocross Day's and the last time i saw her she driving in the Bush Series , good thing for me but bad for her, Her major sponcer Maiden Form had a drop in sell's and they dropped out of racing ! But i found out that she had started a Arctic Cat Dealership in 2001 she got me a cyclinder and a set of shoe's with keeper pin's,cap's and spring's $50.00 + tax for the rear , she told me she could get me the part's for the front ; she would have order them and that they would cost about $200.00 tax included ! I told her i would let her know the next month if i couud get the money for part's ! In the meantime i ran across a new set of Honda backing plates that had everything i i needed to fix the front , and the auction for 2 backing plates not only where they new but they were O.E.M Honda Factory The bid starting bid of $152.50 for both the left and right. side ; and there was no one bidding on them i made a bid of 152.50 with a high bid of $200,00 ! Then i called around to get som idea of what they would cost from the local dealer , their price was was $229.97 each without the backing plates just new brake line's whtch the one's on ebay had ! I think the auction had one day left . so that night before i went to sleep i raised my bid to $255.00 and layed down for the night ! When i got up the next morning i just knew i was probally out bid , be cause i went online to honda world parts.com and looked up the price of the same honda part no. and they were listed at $250.89 per side ! I went a head and logged on to my ebay , and to surprize and joy i was the winning bidder : for $152.50 with free shipping , when i opened the UPS shipping box inside the box was the Original Honda O.E.M. Boxes and i opened the boxes to inspect the content's where 1 complete backing plate assembly; and in the second box there where the same ! The only thing i couldn't use where the backing plate's themselves The plates were 12' where mine where 11' For a few minute's i thouhgt they wouldn't work ! But when i took them out to the shop i measured the shoe's and cyclinder's and they were a perfect match ; i found out later found out that the 12' backing plate's where made to fit the 2000 and later model's that had 12' wheel's on the front and that the rear wheel's were 11' so i still have the new plate;s and they fit my brother's 2004 Honda Rancher 350FM fulltime 4x4 ; and he told me if his ever get bent or strat to corrode he will buy them from me ! Now is that luck or not ? So tony i would check out ebay there are some good seller's and some bad one's on ebay ; but if you check out their feed back you can weed out the bad from the good ! And if i were you i would set up a paypal acount , it doesn;t cost anything to set up the acount and doesn't cost you anything to set it up ; they even deposit about a dollar into your checking to make sure it is setup right ! Some people are afraid of it to start with , but i.ve had one for about 8 year's and hve never been stung ; like i said before it's like insurance if you get ripped by a shady seller because paypal will refund any money you lose within 24hrs of notification that a seller doesn't come through with the item you won, then they will refund your money and go after the bad seller theirselve's so you don't have to have the hassle ! ....................

Old 08-17-2007 | 03:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tony yaho

I want to hook a botton up to a selonoid on my 2001 warrior. I need help hooking it up and what kind of button to buy. Please help</end quote></div>

Need a bit more information Tony, what will the solenoid be used to control? Lights, starter, horn or maybe a winch? Depending on what the use is different switches/buttons may be needed. Also, if you already have the solenoid is it self grounding or do you go to ground thru the control circuit?