mean people!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2001, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget the final scene of the movie, "Easy Rider," Roman!

Tree Farmer

Old 01-14-2001, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right, those chopper guys were being too nice. From now on, I'll carry a double-barrel bungeed to my handlebars.

Old 01-14-2001, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have many instances like this.One of them I told you guys aboiut and nobody beleived me.And way I normallly just take off my helmet and talk to them for however long they want.And there is one guy though I just ride past him.Like the other day I was riding my 250r in the snow and he came out yelling a me so I just went faster.this is the same guy that makes me get off the road to pass instead of me going to oneside and I go to the other he just pulls in my lane.This is a private road that my parents pay subdivision dues or whatever there called to maintain.I really don't like this guy at all.3 out of my 5 neighbors have atv's and all ride them and one doesn't complain about it so he is the only one left.I can understand if I went by his house at midnight on the 250 just revving it up as high as it could go but It was noon and I was going pretty slow.

Old 01-14-2001, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

By all means call him first. Explain in a rational tone that you think a fair 'trade' would be to allow his kids on your place with snowmobiles if you can take your ATV on his. If he doesn't think this is OK, then mention his kids were already on your place. Most guys are at least somewhat reasonable once they calm down.
We once were hunting when we were confronted by a guy who was all ticked off and hollering the Sherriff was gonna get called & such. To sum it up, we let him calm down an hour, and went to visit him, one-on-one. I brought along the map the neighbor gave me that showed where I could and couldn't go. Seems he mismarked one parcel, and I was just following his map.
The guy was fair about it all, he was just mad that someone had torn up his place with a Jeep and assumed I was with him. We get along fine, now.

Old 01-14-2001, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

My friends and I once encounterd some snowmobilers on the trailhead.Now I ALLWAYS tell the guys we ride with to please drive with respect,especially in the presence of the snowmobile guys.We still have one or two ATV guys that just have to do donuts when the snowmobile guys are around.I dont even like to be around them when they act like jerks on their ATVs.You can explain that this type of behavior is unacceptable and endangers our ATV sport even more,however,some guys just dont get it!
Bill

Old 01-15-2001, 10:46 AM
Range Rover

DrRod is exactly right...

Take off your helmet, turn off your machine and talk to them in a civil manner. Most people will calm down and see your not the Evil person they thought you were.

But also remember.. you can't please all the people all the time.. some are just pissed off at the world and your their way of venting it.. Take their attitude with a grain of salt.... Do your best to show your best.. If you can't over come their prejudgeces.. be polite and leave. In the long run it will be worth it.. there will be other places to ride.

Old 01-16-2001, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Pulls into your lane?!?!? That right there is grounds for the a$$-kicking to commence! I don't care what the reason for a person's dislike in atvs, but to force you off the road is just going too far. I'd get my atving neighbors together and go see this fella. I bet you one thing. He wouldn't pull his vehicle in front of Roman Fields. I understand the nature and delicateness of atv/enviromental politics and trying to reason with people in an effort to preserve our rights but people like this are going too far!

Old 01-16-2001, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Are snowmobilers special or something? Can you not operate on their trails? Please explain this to me because we don't have that problem around here.

Old 01-16-2001, 06:24 AM
Pro Rider

Roman,
asks,are snowmobilers special or something?Can you not operate on their trails?

In Michigan,the answer is NO,ATVs are NOT allowed on snowmobile trails,if caught,a huge fine is in order.Do I agree with that?No way!Its a one sided street far in favor of the snowmobilers,you see,the snowmobilers ARE allowed on the ATV trails in Michigan.The snowmobilers can also ride the right shoulder of allmost every County/Forest road in Mi.Try that on an ATV?Get caught?A big fine will be in order and possible impoundment of the ATV.Its a law I feel is very unfair to us ATVers,thats one reason I have joined ATV associations like MATVA [Michigan All Terrain Vehicle Assoc] and the CCC [Cycle Caonservation Club].Hopefully,in the very near future,newer laws will be put in place?
Bill

Old 01-16-2001, 05:28 PM
Trailblazer

Bill.Ciliberti,

We have the same problem. We are not allowed on "Dedicated" snowmobile trails, but sometime s when we are out riding some non-dedicated trails we run into some snowmobiles. They always think that because there is snow on the ground that we don't have the right to ride any trails. I tell you what, if there was snow on the ground and there was an ATV Only sign do you think they would obey that. Heck I have a paved rails to trail path going past my back yard and there are "NO MOTERIZED VECHILES" signs all over the place. Do you think the snow machines obey those signs? I do own a sled and love to ride both, so I am trying not to be bias.

Quick Reply: mean people!!!!!!!!