mean people!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2001, 06:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think snowmobeleirs should be givin more priviliges than atvers, it should all be fair to everyone.

Range Rover

i dont think snowmobeleirs should be givin more priviliges than atvers, it should all be fair to everyone.

Range Rover

Old 01-16-2001, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NINman,
well you and I certainly agree,these laws are one sided.Im going to do everything in my power to help change this STUPID law in Michigan.Up until 1991,ATVs were allowed on allmost ANY Forest road in Michigan,the idiots changed the laws,now ATVers MUST be on an designated ORV trail only,but that law does NOT apply to snowmobilers,Go figure?
Bill

Old 01-16-2001, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

I just came from a NYS DEC meeting about
their plans for the Adirondacks and
Catskills. The eco-***** were out in
force and want to see us banned from
using any trails. We all need to speak
up and get New York State to hear us too.
Their E-mail is r5ump@gw.dec.state.ny.us
web site
http://internal.website/dlf/publands/
ump/index.html

I went to this meeting even though I
live in WNY and may never get to the
Adirondacks. It's important we get to
say what happens on public land and
not just the tree huggers.

Old 01-16-2001, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

I have noticed that most of the time (not always), there is a misunderstanding, between the yeller and the yelled. Shut the machine, take your helmet off, make the yeller see he's in front of someone. Usually, it ends there, and everyone is happy. Some other times, you are confronted with jerks. Go ahead and meet them in person, and before blasting them, be sure that there is no misunderstanding. They hate you because you ride an ATV because they have heard on TV that you pollute and destroy mother Nature. When this is clear, and you have tons of patience, you can try to convert them, make them understand that you're just having fun, like they do have fun while watching a football game. If nothing changes...then, and only then war can start. Usually, the most decided of the people wins, not the strongest, or best armored, or biggest car. He tries to push you off the road? Stay on the road, make him realize that he's putting you in dangerous (fatal) situation, he yells at you saying, I know you, go away!, stop your quad, get right in front of his face, and tell him "*uck you" (not exactly, but you get the point). You have rights, they have to be respected.
PS: I never had to start a "war", it always ended like everything was a huge misunderstanding. Talking, talking, talking...there's someone under the riding gear. Sometimes you could be wrong (riding in the wrong place...andnot being aware of it), and accept that the yeller is right, and respect him and his lands or whatever he is right to protect from you.
It's just a human relationship...sometimes one is wrong, other times you are wrong...no one is ever right...

Old 01-17-2001, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I would think that either would be considered an atv. I think that is what they both are. Am I incorrect in thinking like this? That would be like having a trail for motorcyles that quads can't operate on. Hey, wait a minute, we do have some places like that. These trails are some serious off-cambers, though. I did ride them with no problem, however. I didn't notice the signs because somehow we came in from the back way. Do atvs cause more surface damage than snowmobiles? I wouldn't think so.