Rhino roll-over epidemic?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino roll-over epidemic?

I have only ridden a Rhino one time. In that time it still seems like a toy you need to be careful on and take personal responsibility for your actions. It is no like most people that get hurt on these things is not caused by usere error. It would be a whole different story if the user was on level terrain and got hurt when some piece of the engine exploded and punctured them.

I drive a offroad truck as well as a ATV. In the way of coexisiting in the offroad parks I have only had trouble with sharing trails when ATVs rearend me on 3 different trips while I am waiting in line for obstacles. None of them got hurt. Only one hit me hard enough for him to come over the bars and hit my rear window. Yes my brake lights work. 4 times if you count my girlfriend on her Bayou.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

remember there's no cure for stupidity ..

Old 02-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Range Rover

I saw a commercial like the one mentioned at the top and just laughed, because if people were more responsible there wouldn't be a problem and now yamaha is going to be facing law suits that aren't really there fault

Old 02-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

There's a reason that all lawyers go to Hell.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

like ebaccm, when i saw the commercial i just laughed and thought "all people worry about is sueing someone for something stupid."

Old 02-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

Recon I agree with a lot of things you have said in the forum but I don't think there needs to be a law. I think the parents just need to watch their kids better. They are the ones responsible for their own kids safety after all...

Old 02-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am just waiting for some a$$wipe to roll a Teryx over and stick thier leg out to bust it with the sole intent of suing Kawasaki in the same manor that Yamaha got held up for ransom by these lazy drunkin hillbillies that blame everyone else for not protecting them from themselves!

Old 02-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Not to take the side of the slimey lawyers but from what I understand the problem is not the roll over, but the lack of doors or side netting to keep body parts in the vehicle. That is why Polaris added the netting and why Rhino's will add doors for you. Still it comes down to personal responsibility. Jeep suffered the same BS over roll-overs, as if a short wheelbase Jeep should handle like a corvette, if you can't drive according to the limits of your vehicle......don't drive!

Old 03-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

As many have said, it may not be a design issue more that a throttle issue. IF a person drove it as designed, and took it easy, it would not have that same thrill. They probably do not get teh respect they should have... They are top heavy, and could use a wider stance. I do not think they are any better or worse than your average Grizzly was when they came out... A lot of guys rolled them too. The IRS may contribute... but mostly, I think it is a problem with a lead foot and lack of any sense more than anything. I like them personally. I was hoping that my spouse would really like them when I took her down to get her a new ride... but she thought they were no fun having to ride and not drive... heh heh, that was the point dear... Maybe I'll get one when I get her Griz paid for. We can always hope.. until then I carry a towel for the drool...

Old 03-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

The way I see it, all these machines were fine on the dealers show room floor. So, the problem must be something that was added after they left there.

Quick Reply: Rhino roll-over epidemic?