Rhino roll-over epidemic?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhino roll-over epidemic?

I was just watching TV and this commercial came on for some lawyers office that is specializing in suing over ...and I quote "Yamaha Rhino rollovers"

The commercial goes on to ask..."have you or a member of your family been hurt or killed in a Yamaha Rhino rollover accident? If yes you may be entitled to cash..." etc..etc..etc...

Is there some epidemic I was not aware of with the Rhino or something?

Old 01-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ss97

Is there some epidemic I was not aware of with the Rhino or something?</end quote></div>

Just stupid people! People don't seem to think that these machines should be able to hurt you in any way, shape, or form. If ridden properly, they won't get hurt. Instead, they stick a bunch of kids or inexperienced drivers behind the wheel and wonder why they are banged up or worse. It's ridiculous.

These people should consider basket weaving instead!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

A bunch of my friend's have them, and my opinion is that they are inherently not particularly stable. If I had one, it would have to be widened. Also, I hate to see folks put two adults in the back. Makes it unsatble on a steep climb.

I think folks get a false sense of security, because it has a roll cage.....

Old 01-22-2008, 04:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: motox26

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ss97

Is there some epidemic I was not aware of with the Rhino or something?</end quote></div>

Just stupid people! People don't seem to think that these machines should be able to hurt you in any way, shape, or form. If ridden properly, they won't get hurt. Instead, they stick a bunch of kids or inexperienced drivers behind the wheel and wonder why they are banged up or worse. It's ridiculous.

These people should consider basket weaving instead!</end quote></div>

I still have a 250R Three wheeler.... Love it! I know how to ride it and she doesn't bite me. Could not agree more MotoX!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

Only a epidemic on STUPIDITY!!! People drive them, drink alcohol and roll them. Every roll over that I have seen or heard of involved alcohol.

Remember STUPID Hurts!

Old 01-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

A bunch of my friend's have them, and my opinion is that they are inherently not particularly stable. If I had one, it would have to be widened. Also, I hate to see folks put two adults in the back. Makes it unsatble on a steep climb.

I think folks get a false sense of security, because it has a roll cage.....</end quote></div>

While booze and stupidy are probably a big part of this, I think Recon has a point.
I have only driven one once, but it was not as stable as I would have imagined. It may be easier to forget to be careful when you are driving, not riding.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Cmarti

I think folks get a false sense of security, because it has a roll cage.....</end quote></div>

While booze and stupidy are probably a big part of this, I think Recon has a point.

I have only driven one once, but it was not as stable as I would have imagined. It may be easier to forget to be careful when you are driving, not riding.</end quote></div>

But still, it's not like people are forced to ride these to work or anything, they don't have to ride them, it is the rider/driver's full responsibility if he or she gets hurt. That's the problem these days, everyone wants to blame someone else.

Besides, if they came wider stock, they would be too wide for the majority of owners out there. Sure, in the desert or dunes the wider the better, but a lot of these are used in tighter conditions. Not to mention they need to be able to fit on smaller trailers or even some truck beds.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Range Rover

[

I

riding.</end quote></div>

But still, it's not like people are forced to ride these to work or anything, they don't have to ride them, it is the rider/driver's full responsibility if he or she gets hurt. That's the problem these days, everyone wants to blame someone else.

Besides, if they came in wider stock, they would be to wide for the majority of owners out there. Sure, in the desert or dunes the wider the better, but a lot of these are in tighter conditions. Not to mention they need to be able to fit on smaller trailers or even some truck beds.</end quote></div>

Valid points, maybe I am falling into the mass thinking that nobody is responsible
for their own actions.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Lots of times I see little kids behind the wheel! I would like to see a law that if a kid drives one, they need to be under the supervision of a licensed driver. If you don't drive, you aren't use to being aware of your surroindings...on all sides.

And again, being big and having a roll cage, you know that in the back of their minds the drivers know they aren't going to get hurt if they hit a dirt bike or quad....I think this is a huge factor in how folks drive these (devil may care attitude!)!

Even so, several deaths recently around here where heads come out and got rolled on by their own roll bar. Just wearing a helmet could have fixed that. I would want a net on the side to keep arms, hands, and heads in during a rollover....

Old 01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

And again, being big and having a roll cage, you know that in the back of their minds the drivers know they aren't going to get hurt if they hit a dirt bike or quad....I think this is a huge factor in how folks drive these (devil may care attitude!)!

..</end quote></div>

This is a big problem with one of the riding parks I go to that allow trucks and dune buggies. You hear of all sorts of dirt bike and/or ATV riders getting run over.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rhino roll-over epidemic?