The thread for people who work at being a waste of time

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008 | 12:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Thread for people at work wasting time

i wonder if they make a locker for it. it could be worth looking into since you're gonna have the front end tore apart anyways. kinda looks like you've been putting alot of work into the ol wolvie

Old 04-22-2008 | 12:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Best to get it done befor rideing season!

Old 04-22-2008 | 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

i'm sucking thus far. here it's pre riding season and it's creeping up faster and faster and i still have to find a new toy hauler and re-jet the wheelers.

Old 04-22-2008 | 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have gotten mixed reviews about the availability of a locker for the older models. Some say it can be done, but no one has done it, and I am not spending a dime on it if I don't know it will work.

I have put a bunch of work into this thing, had it since mid Jan, and have about 30 minutes total ride time on it since then. Pretty much teh rest of the time, it looks something like this:
Name:  DSC02316.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  90.2 KB
I am the type that will notice a problem and start working on fixing it before it goes totally haywire and destroys something big.

So far we have done a bunch of cleaning/repainting, the intake, exhaust, 424, new seals on the new axle, new rear rotor, pads all around, new front caliper, rebuilt all calipers, new head studs, fixed winch wiring to make it operational, cleaned the carb to get it running, ditched the entire parking brake system, rebuilt the winch mount to tuck it in behind the front bumper, rear skidplate, rear hub, built a recovery point to mount on the rear diff... can you smell the neverending?!

Old 04-22-2008 | 12:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Prevenitive maintence is one of the best things you can do to anything mechanical.
This is why after every ride my wheelers get a bath to see if there is anything wrong w/ them. Need to be able to see them leaks if any!

Old 04-22-2008 | 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, preventive is really the way to go, catch it before it gets real expensive. i need to get the valves adjusted on both machines as soon as I can drop them bot off, not comfortable tearing into the internals myself just yet. When the Wolvy gets the valves adjusted, it will be revision 2.1, which consists of the high comp. piston, hotcam, new rings/gaskets. That should make her fun with the 26's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] There are happy days to come...

My lesson learned on this quad is buy new, or at least from a reputable seller. Cost more, except for the long run... Ebay is teh devil.

Old 04-22-2008 | 01:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Agreed won't ever do a used atv again. They just seem to more trouble than it is worth!!

Might as well build while you are there I would!!!!!

Old 04-22-2008 | 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

Agreed won't ever do a used atv again. They just seem to more trouble than it is worth!!
</end quote></div>
Yeah, big lesson learned there. The money still wouldn't quite match to buy a new one, but the time definitely adds up. I have gotten to know the machine rather well over the last 4 months on the other hand lol

Might as well build while you are there I would!!!!!</end quote></div>

What are you referring to by this one?

Old 04-22-2008 | 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

well at least you're getting into it and doing something kinda looks like you're onto a good start of a bad wheeler. and not to mention it's rewarding in it's own way. i remember when i put one of my wolvies in the drink and it took me a year to finally break down and fix it. and after pulling out half of my hair which i still have alot of thankfully it was a little piece of metal no bigger than my thumb nail called the woodruff key. sneaky little thing that has all the signs and symptoms of carb problems. but after i got it running again. i put my foot up like capt. morgan and thought to myself this is why i have ********* and i'm a man. kinda looks like you have a pretty nice garage. after moving to VA from a 2car garage to my if you want to call it a one car. it kind of sucks. next couple days i'm going to tear into them both and clean the jets and re-jet one cause i have the parts on hand and attempt to get the fuel air mixture just right.

Old 04-22-2008 | 02:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ohyeahfriday

</end quote></div>

Yeah, big lesson learned there. The money still wouldn't quite match to buy a new one, but the time definitely adds up. I have gotten to know the machine rather well over the last 4 months on the other hand lol

Might as well build while you are there I would!!!!!</end quote></div>

What are you referring to by this one?</end quote></div>

Sorry my brain gets ahead of my fingers I was refering to fixing up the wolve while you had it apart I would if I was you!!!

Quick Reply: The thread for people who work at being a waste of time