ATV hide and seek

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV hide and seek

I ride with a group of 5 to 6 guys and we play a little hide and seek game. The area that we ride is a maze of trails that criss cross back and forth across each other that it's pretty easy to lose the guys behind ya ( that was our inspiration behind the game) The area is a mix of old logging roads, some muddy atv trails and even a sand pit or two all in a 3 by 2 mile or so area. So, we send out 1 guy and give him about a 15 minute head start and the the rest of us go after him. The one hiding can't go off the trail other then pulling to the side so you don't get clobbered. He can also move around if he dares. The challenge for the chasers or seekers is to obviously to find the hider but there's a couple of strategies involved. The seekers can all stay together and if you find the hider then the game is over. If the seekers split up then it gets a little more complicated as then the hider becomes 2 men, three men and so all until the last guy finds the group. This second strategy is more fun as you don't want to be the last guy to find everyone! The hiders can also just sit if they want to or move around. It gets tough because if you're a chaser and you stop for a minute to listen for moving machines you don't know if it's a hider or a seeker! We usually give ourselves about an hour for each game but have had a few go on for 3 to 4 hours! We also have walkie talkies all programed on the same channel and that adds to the fun and confusion too!

Anyone play a version of this?

Rockrimmon

Old 04-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

ah yes a very fun game i only played it with 2 seekers and 1 hider and we decided that the mud pit was where you had to count and they said if it takes to long meet us back here so i went and hid and waited but i coulnt here them any where so i went back cus i thought they ditched me so iwent and they werent there so i drove to the back of the pit and hid in a giant pile of brush and waited so they came back there to see if i doubled back to hide but i didnt come out and they talked right ther 15 ft away lookin striat at me about how they were gonna find me my quad is camo so that helped im sure ,i could barely keep my mouth shut i was laughin so hard so my friend put a stick across the entrance to the pit to see if i went through there , they came back 20 mins later and were like i give up we will jus wait here until he comes out and so i scared the hell outta them while they wer ridin thruogh the mud ahahaha good timmes...

Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds like alot of fun.1 question though.If the wife is the hider do you really have to seek her?Did that 11 yrs ago. LOL just kidding guys,sounds fun.Just thought of something,if I do find her do i get a prize? Going to have to make up rules to this game LOL.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Range Rover

haha lol

Old 05-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds like a pretty fun game. Here's another game you can play when you're out ATVing. We play a game called "Follow The Idiot". To play follow the idiot one person becomes the idiot, and everyone else has to follow him. The object of the game for the idiot is to lose the people behind him. And the object of the game for the followers is to not get lost. After five minutes or so if the idiot has not lost the people behind him he has to move to the back of the line. The game becomes fun because the followers have to take the exact same route as the idiot, within a foot or so either way. And the idiot trys to find the most "idiotic" terrain he can find, and goes as fast as he can while trying to lose the people following him. We're talking straight down the sides of mountains, jumping off of river banks, over logs, hillclimbs that scare you to death, ... you name it.

3TV

Old 05-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

wow i deff gonna have to try that

Old 05-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

When I was younger, we used to play "atv tag" where you had to run into the other people to tag them. No serious injuries. It was a lot of fun. Wouldn't do it now though.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Range Rover

I used to play a bit of ATV tag myself. For some reason, we always ended up in trails, and on a 3 wheeler. Either my then 125 Yamaha Tri-moto, or a buddie's 200X. Everyone else mostly had utility quads, with reverse and electric start. It sucked being the only one who couldnt push a button to fire the thing back up, or use reverse to back into a hiding spot!