Bad accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:22 AM
2 strokes or 4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad accident

He is starting to remember bits and pieces and says he was running at a pretty good speed and all of a sudden the front wheel kicked out to the left he went over the handle bars then it fades away. My nephew said all that's wrong with the bike is the clutch lever is bent and the R. side of the front rim is bent, he said the front end is in otherwise working condition so no failure on the bike. He must have hit the ground still caught up in the bike cause one set of ribs are broke in the front while the other set are broke in his back. Guess he hit a large rock or something I don't know the terrain up there. Well I'll keep updating as I hear, Thanks everybody,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nick

Old 05-27-2008, 11:08 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Bad accident

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scooter86

garman, why even post this? From the injuries we can all surmise that there was some force involved, but with such little information about the accident itself there is no sense laying blame over the internet. In any case, what is done is done, and it sounds like no one else was involved.</end quote></div>

Great response Scooter86! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Garman, why is it dirt bikes go so fast thru the woods? Because they can and its also possible this guy was practicing for a Enduro or Hare Scrambles?

Why are you so slow?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:10 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Bad accident

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sdm111

He is starting to remember bits and pieces and says he was running at a pretty good speed and all of a sudden the front wheel kicked out to the left he went over the handle bars then it fades away. My nephew said all that's wrong with the bike is the clutch lever is bent and the R. side of the front rim is bent, he said the front end is in otherwise working condition so no failure on the bike. He must have hit the ground still caught up in the bike cause one set of ribs are broke in the front while the other set are broke in his back. Guess he hit a large rock or something I don't know the terrain up there. Well I'll keep updating as I hear, Thanks everybody,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nick</end quote></div>

Sounds like there might have been a log under the leaves he didnt see. Good to hear his memory is coming back.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bad accident

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Garman, why is it dirt bikes go so fast thru the woods? Because they can and its also possible this guy was practicing for a Enduro or Hare Scrambles?

Why are you so slow?</end quote></div>

I won't speak for anyone else, but these two extra wheels are holding me back! j/k, I am a LOT faster on a quad than a bike, but the fast guys on bikes smoke me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Range Rover
Default Bad accident

garman351 - boy you know how to make a guy feel better, he asked for thoughts and prayers not for a recap of accidents that have happened. And sitting behind your monitor you know that he was riding full open and it was related to a error on his part - get real man. If you want to talk about proper riding procedures and the things you have seen start your own thread. I am f-ing floored. Next time someone in your family is hurt, wounded, disease whatever be sure to post it here and i will be first in line to tell you it was there fault - freaking moron!!

sdm111 - i just say this post and got side tracked before i finished reading the rest - my family will keep yours included in out thoughts and prayers - good luck man!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:17 PM
2 strokes or 4
Default Bad accident

Update Randy just got back home. They took the other chest tube out yesterday doc. says to watch the lungs other than that everything else has to heal on it's own. He said he remembers coming out a turn raising the front in second and came down on a big rock said the terrain is red rock on an expert trail. Well I guess from here on out it's recovery, at least he's home where he want's to be with his family. Thanks everybody for your thoughts and prayers ( except for garman351 )he will see this thread ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nick

Old 05-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Bad accident

Good to hear he got to come home. Hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:46 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Bad accident

Sweet!! Awesome news...thanks for the update sdm111.

If any of you in this thread would ever care to do a search on garmins posts.

(Dont know why anyone but a moderator would do such a thing)

You would see a pattern. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad accident

No mater what the cause of the accident i will keep the injured rider and his entire family and freinds in my prayers , this type of accident on a dirtbike can happen weather one is riding fast or slow ; a close freind's youngest sister and husband were riding their Harley Davidison street machine with a freind riding in the lead when they turned off of 411 highway onto highway 282 in Murray County heading for Ellijay Ga in Gilmer County !

They weren't riding fast , wreakless or drinking when this happened ; the freind riding in front on his Harley said when they turned onto 282 he looked back and everything was fine but when he went into the second curve he looked back again and didn't see them !

He slowed down waitig for them to catch up , then he pulled over to wait and then he turned around and went back to see what was holding them up ; when he got back to the first curve it was a horrible sceen !

He saw his freinds on the side of the road where the wife had been thrown from the Harley with a cracked helmet and major head injuries , the Harley was still laying on the husband ; there were no skid mark's in the roadway it was like the Harley's front wheel just drifted off the road !

They had made it less than 50 feet back onto the road but for one foot when the front wheel hit a curb causing the wheel to jerk to the right , the Husband and wife were airlifted to Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga TN where the wife was DOA ; her husband was in ICU and they didn't know if he would make it !

He didn't make it for the family viewing and Memorial , and they weren't sure he Would even get to attend the Funeral ; but he did make it to the Funneral as soon as the services were over he was taken back to the Hospital !

My point is that on dirt bikes they only have 2 wheels , one on the front and one on the rear and one rock or root in the trail you didn't see the last time you rode the trail ; the condition of these trails can change fast so be safe when riding quad's dirtbikes and mountain bikes as well !

I alway's ride over the trail i'm on slow enough to see what the condition the trail is in before i even think about doing any aggresive riding , even if i rode the same trail the day before ; the condition of these mountain trails where i ride can change when you least expect it !.....

Old 05-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Bad accident

That really is great news that he is home. He is still in our prayers for a quick and full recovery.

Quick Reply: Bad accident